Motor work

Just lookin to get a bore and hone on my motor, what places would be more trusting, worth the money to go to. Any past experence would be great beacuase ive herd alot of horrer stories about places and would like to stay away from said places.

Bill your spelling is KILLING me!

yea i = the suck at spelling at least i can drive tho

I wouldnt go THAT far.

i like klispes in hamburg. some people dont. and this has been cover many times.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10320&highlight=machine+shops

no klispes…NEXT

who does hybrid connections’ machine work?

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Klispes. Did you have a bad experience?

2 people i know did

make that 3 , they are halfassed scumbags fuck them.

machine shops are to men, like hair dressers(sp) are to women. you might be a guy that gets machine work done at a “good” shop and have a bad out come. live and learn.

i always hear shit about guy at klispes eveytime i say it i think of donuts not motors

j and L

is that the place on walden?

i think so its J and L performance i believe built my dads motor good work and service and they have a engine dyno as well

since we are on the topic of engine work. how much does it usually cost to have a engine bored out? i’m looking to start building my spare SHO engine. 3.2L needs to be a 3.3. its not really taking that much material off but I want to make the first 3.8L SHO engine, using the 3.6 stroker crank.

for crank and pistons i’m looking at about 3000-3200 would another 300 cover the machine work?

northeast machine. I have had no complaints but is pricy

R V Engines…its in Alexander, NY which is like 45 min away from Amherst. Richard (the owner) is really good and his prices are VERY cheap. he deals with mostly Fords and domestics, but he knows his stuff about just about everything out there and I have seen Hondas in his shop before. when it comes down to what you need, he can pretty much do anything. he has done complete motors for 3 of my friends (2 fords and a Mitsu 300GT), and he also did my truck motor and we were all VERY pleased with his work.

his contact info is:
RV Engines
Richard Vania
10163 Brookville Rd
Alexander, NY 14005
(585) 344-0784

at least for “burly” engines there is only ONE shop in the area that know the new generation engines, and that would be mcquillens out in leroy, ny. all these other shops are good at the old school engines, but there knowledge and experience on the new stuff is weak. there are alota shops that claim they know what they are doing, but their operation is shitty.

then there are guys on here that dont know what they are talking about but are big name-droppers, so they make people think they know what they are talking about…lol

for 4 bangers, can say i know the market for machine shops.

when i had a connection at odies i would have told you to go through him however i nolonger do. Ive had all my recent machine work done through them and its been flawless. They also have all of the upto date machinery that your local klispies, etc dont have.