good machine shop?

im looking to get a head shaved so i was wondering where are some good machine shops with good prices?

i was gonna bring it to adam at hunts but i didnt know if he was in town or whatever

looking to get this done in the next day or two so plz let me know

+1 for hunts. They did the machine work on my block.

they did my flywheel on the 240 and butsted it all to hell lol, the part that actually mattered did look good though

Dude just bring it to Hunts :lol

K :slight_smile:

Never had a problem with Napa

I’ve heard good things about Napa on Wolf Rd. Hunts as well.

I’ve seen quite a few bad things come back from Hunts to be honest. Noels is very good.

half of my clutch alignment pins missing and broken out of my flywheel and the pin holes chipped open kinda made me
:ohnoes

A “head shave” is a simple operation. You should be good no matter what you choose.

now i gotta see how far it can be shaved ug

clifton park engine builders 383-3092

+1 they do good work.
or hunts

nothing but gewd luck with hunts here

id say hunt’s ,napa usually has a long turn around period (3 weeks when i got the s-10 heads done…BULLSHITTTT)

+1
He did the heads on my car. Reasonable price and pretty quick turn around.

Napa did the work on my last set of heads, fixed shit they werent supposed to (bolt holes that they werent told to fix) and tried charging me for that work and they blasted the clearcoat/whatever it was on the heads off leaving them with a cast finish.

I know that Dave is busy as all hell lately with the recent dyno addition as well as keeping up with the daily grind. I was just there today and know that’s there’s alot going on. Best bet if you’re considering HM, just give them a call, talk to Shaun, and ask what the lead time is if you’re just looking to have a head surfaced(nothing else done to it).

I don’t work for Dave or the machine shop itself. I just do my own engine business through them and assemble any Porsche/Subaru motors for Dave when needed so I can’t really speak for their scheduling down there.

As far as your FW is/was concerned I apologize for any mishap that may have occurred. I do not know of the ordeal itself so I can’t really speculate on the matter. I know some FW’s put up a fight to remove the dowels, which must be removed prior to machining, but anything that was damaged/broken should have been brought to light. I cannot imagine Dave himself letting that slide. :frowning:

its no biggie, im sure its not what caused my clutch problems and the same flywheel is on the car to this day (still talk to the new owner)

ill give them a call and see how musy they are, im gonna have the head shaved .0024

hunts wanted 3 days to do it so i called CPE and he said they could have it done by tomorrow

:thumbup

Dave is pretty particular about his work and that’s what I like about it. My buddy(Wizard13) is getting his Pontiac 400 BB done up there and all the work is superb so far and has been well before this. He did a great job on the CR-V Head that I dropped there and I def recommend!