S13 Silvia Projector Light Output

Hey dude,

I have Siliva projectors with HID in the low beam.

It is mind boggling how little light output there is on the low beam and the high beam.

When I switch to high beams, it is a little better but still not very bright.

Could it be the HID unit, ground, the lights themselvesÉ

Im not sure where to start. Is this common with the projectorsÉ

fail.

In your infinite wisdom, care to tell me how to pass instead of failÉ

in a more detailed search, it looks like these things need some modifications to get the beam aimed right and spread properly. boooooo.

Has anyone local done any mods to theirs so that I can check it out and see if its worthwhileÉ

Thanks for your help Taco!

peace!

your best bet is to revert back to pop-up headlights (im not joking) with some Hella or Cibie 200mm E-Code housings.

nissan projectors from the late 80s suck. a lot.

second best bet, if you’re feeling a bit adventurous, is to retrofit some Hella 50mm halogen modules into the Silvia housings, replacing the stock projectors.

they look like this:
http://www.bosseuroparts.com/Hella%20light%20modules/Low%20beam.jpg

if you’re baller you can use Hella HID modules. but they’re very expensive. the halogen modules are actually reasonably priced.

if you don’t want to spring for anything custom, get rid of the ricey “plug n play” HID bulbs that are complete shit and put some high quality halogen bulbs into the OEM projectors

then re-aim them as best you can

Or retrofit with TSX projectors

Swap brick headlights, run hids

dont do that.

[QUOTE=spd-dmn;416732][/QUOTE]

This maybe??

Do it

if you want to blind everyone and everything and have the worst cutoff ever… ya do it.

I’ve got it and it blows. Im looking at the circuit sports clear covers+a projector retrofit.
If anyone wants to donate a set of busted silvia brick headlights id be willing to take them off your hands.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/Johnny_Fever/md1l3k.gif

I am constantly blinded , by oncoming and especially from behind.
Either way, his concern was his visibility not the visibility of others.

And a proper projector retrofit will address the issue of his visability far greater than bricks+hids.

Well personally bricks are way more baller. but either way works

i agree, but the light output sucks balls.

thanks for the tips dudes! Gonna retrofit over the winter. For now, high beams aimed dowwwwwnnnn it is for me!