A seperate HID question

Stock projectors + halogen bulbs suck. Kouki owners can understand where I’m coming from. The lighting and visibility is poor.

Besides HID retrofits and/or simply throwing an HID bulb into the stock projectors, what other options are available (if any) to improve light output?

The headlight is aimed properly, FYI.

you can’t really do too much because much of the lighting is determined by the projector optics.

Nissan’s halogen projectors were never very good. Some people in the GT-R community prefer the N1/Base model lamps (reflector type) over the projector ones because they say they get better light output.

One thing you can do is try an upgraded halogen bulb, from a reputable company. No taiwanese “blue tint super hyper xenon” bullshit. A real bulb from a real company.

Hella… Piaa… Cibié… Osram/Sylvania… etc

I’ve tried some of the halogen bulbs you mentioned, namely PIAA and Sylvania. The output remained unchanged. I’m assuming it’s because of the nature of projectors optics.

As an FYI, in the end, I ended up putting HID bulbs in the stock projectors. To avoid blinding people, I aimed the headlights as low as I could.

guess thats what i will end up doing…do you have any pics of your lights just to see how they look…i got merked on my thread lol

My car is a 97 so the lights are not the same as yours.

I haven’t taken pics of my car with the lights on. However, Ryan (JDMPanda) has pics of how they look on the car but no pics of height/cut-off.