How do I make silvia projectors not suck?

the coupe i bought a month ago or so has a silvia front end on it (I still dont know why people do this)

anyway, im kinda stuck with it for now - the headlight work, but they dont actually light up the road unless I turn on the highbeams… they are so dim they might as well not even be on.

its not quite as bad as im making it sound, but its definitely too dangerous to do any spirited driving if the road isnt lit by street lights… the headlights are not sufficient by any means.

i cant imagine this is legal - is there a way to make these not suck without breaking the bank?

ask mr large

Buy an S14 Kouki?

check out www.hidplanet.com
They might have something useful

so was that your silvia with 6 headlamps on during the drive back from bings meet?

Switch back to pop up headlights.

i’ll trade you the stock front end for the silvia + some cash

Hid’s ?

i was in the red S13 with the white rims … and that silvia was blinding the hell outta us too.

yeah jonny HID’S are the way to go

you can adjust the direction of the light, maybe they are pointed to high.
there is i belive 8 mill screws on the top of the housing, and if they are brick lights they suck, if they are projectors i think i got 2 piaa or some sort of aftermarket bulbs i can give you if i find them lmao

Have them aimed properly. I doubt anybody on here has ever had their headlights aimed/adjusted after swapping front ends.

If anything silvia projectors are better here without street lights than in Japan because of the cut off where it blasts on coming traffic.

I don’t understand people who buy botched half ass projects off someone trying to unload garbage then complain because it isn’t perfect. Why do you think they’re selling it??

yes i have , so has s13gg, yes ED we have headlight aiming machines in kitchener , we even have running water… dork

no ;]

just one on each side on this car

typical ed response ;]

I’m not sure how you know if my car is half-assed or not - either way it’s got nothing to do with the aim - they are actually pointing a bit too low for my taste but I have no interest in trying to fix it because it will only spread the light out even MORE than it already is.

I need to line up two cars next to each other and take a pic so you guys can see how bad it really is. Maybe it has shitty bulbs in it or something… I really have no idea at this point.

Thanks for the input from those with some actual contructive suggestions.

http://www.clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/f_hlamp1/

sick but no pricing :-/

there’s a very good chance your headlights actually face down… i find alot of times the angle the headlight brackets put the hedlights is wrong…and yes stock bulbs are garbage please buy real ones hehe… my silvia lights were way better than pop ups…

the bulbs in it are some blue pieces of shit

even with decent bulbs, the light is thrown way too far down/way too close to the car

i was under the impression the aim adjusters for the actual projectors are inside the plastic housing?
meaning you have to bake the headlights and crack the seal…

how else can you adjust them?

if you want to -actually- improve the light output, do this:

http://www.clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/

The one Dustin showed:

$370/pair Beam-Pattern Correction Kit for Silvia Projector Headlamps (Halogen-Spec)
$1070/pair Beam-Pattern Correction Kit for Silvia Projector Headlamps (HID-Spec)

the adjusters are on the back, it’s not a big deal, thought they are a pain to reach with the headlights bolted to the car…

like i said your brackets probably face the actual headlights down… 2 out of 3 cars i’ve converted have needed to have new holes drilled in the top of the bracket and bolts instealled into those. to move the brackets back and correct the angle of the headlights to a point were the actual aimers can work.