Spark plugs and wires

Hey guys so this is my first 240. It has a s13 blacktop. Now my question is what plugs and wires should I be looking at. Also before the shit talkers have a field day I know this is a rookie question so relax and Dont reply unless your trying to help. Thanks

Hey man, im not here to fuck with you. sr20det uses coil packs. If your going to upgrade that, then hit splitfire coilpacks but they will set you back a good ol 400.00?? Anyways for plugs just grab ngk bkr-7’s copper ones they are like 3 bucks.

The joys of coilpacks is they dont need to be replaced as frequently. Even really for the life of the motor. Unlessyour running 17+ psi, or 1.5bar+ your stock coilpacks will be fine.

You can try searching tho. Im not trying to be a asshole.

edit, i think the sparks are gapped to .028 - 0.032 out of the box. if your running stock boost they should be fine.

Thanks man. Just got in to the nissan. Used to drive hondas. When I go and look up part numbers. Do I look under sentras with the sr20de?

yea my oil filters a re from a 93 sentra 2.0L(sr20det)
other shit like fuel filter you can get from a 300zx twin turbo(same with alot of the turbo gaskets/hardware) any other questions?

^last time I was at Nissan for filters my guys had troubles locating that one so I used NX2000 pulsar (1993?) for my engine reference to find the right filter.

but the applications are listed on the box - so double check it…

plugs - SR - mine likes bkr7e sometimes called bkr7e-11, 11 refers to gap so bkr7e are the same just un-gapped, I get mine from napa

well, welcome back from the dark side, lol.

What other engine reference can I use? I went to crappy tire for plugs and they couldn’t find a sentra with a 2L turbo.

Also, Im having a problem with my car. When I floor it or be aggresive on the gas it sputters? Has anyone else experienced this? What’s causing this?

well when my car was excesivly boosting <caugh> which was fun untill i pooched my turbo yes i know noobie mistake but i learned the hard way. i found the same thing when my boost got around 14psi and around 5500-6000 rpm it was kinda like a power drop off it would pull like fucking crazy and then the power would kinda putter off right at the top of the gear so i just learned to shift a little earlier and not push the gas all the way to the floor more or less like 3 quarters down. but anyways i wonder the same thing somebody was saying somthing about my boost not being tru boost? or somthing cuz my guage would give my like a 20 psi reading but would stop making power around 16 i dunno im new to this turbocharged buisness im used to working on non turbo shit boxes so im trying to learn

saying this i was running bone stock sr with a walbro and boost controller t25

I don’t think I’m over boosting cuz when it happens I lose power and it’s not always when I floor it. Sometimes it does it when I’m driving the speed limit

I had some serious choking issues at 1% throttle before from a bummed o2 sensor.

thats exactly what imtalking about somtimes i would just be cruizing along at like highway speed in a higher rpm range and it would feel like it would start to bog randomly without touching the gas

I’m going to change my o2 sensor fuel filter and plugs and see of it fixes my problems

quick question?? are u guys just turning the boost up on stock ecus?? ur prolly just lean as all hell and thats messing with things.

As far I know I’m running stock boost

power loss at higher rpm? could be your plugs too man they could the problem, maybe not gapped right try changin em out and gapping them to .035 is where mine are at

i had a similar problem, the plugs were burnt out wrong heat range, sputtering past 4500 rpm it went away with new plugs

for the power loss issue, i’m guessing the knock sensor might be going off and causing it to run retarded timing. i’ve got nistune and everytime i check for codes the knock sensor is always there, and wen it happens i can see it the timing is retarded about 15 degrees.
i’m running stock boost on a s13 blacktop sr20.
again, i think it might be the knock sensor because the first year driving with sr20 it felt like no power until boost fully kicked in and i noticed the knock sensor was loose. after tightening it, power was more responsive and pulled a little harder. ocassionally i feel the engine run retarded sometimes and i plan to replace the sensor soon.