SR Spark plug preferences

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what SR20DET plugs you all are running and would you recommend them? Also a place where you got them would be great.

SR S13 and S14 spark plugs are the same correct?

BKR7E

Yes, cause they’re cheap and work well

I get them at Can Tire – about $2.17 a plug for me…cause I’m special.

not sure of the # off the top of my head

but from nissan outta the G20…

ditto

Well I tried a couple of Canadian Tires and no one carries them anymore. I need them by monday. Does anyone know where else to get them?

For now you can use Toyota Supra Twin Turbo spark plugs, they work fine and have *6 heat range which is good enough

actually no.

thats N/A heat range, you need a colder plug for turbo. change them asap.

actually no.

thats N/A heat range, you need a colder plug for turbo. change them asap.[/quote]

Shit… may be why my car runs like poop sometimes

so everyone uses a BKR7E ?

right now i’m using 6s as I wasn’t able to get my hands on any 7s, 6’s work fine up to about my power level and then under extended use at high power they will foul.

5s will be ok on stock SRs but if you take it to the track you might have some trouble after extended use.

6’s would be best all around for a stock SR, 7s can foul if you never beat on the car and you only drive it slowly around town, N/A or turbo, at idle/cruising the plug is too cold and can eventually foul.

fwiw I ran 8’s on my car once and the car ran like absolute ass, missing at idle all the time and had shit throttle response in neutral

actually no.

thats N/A heat range, you need a colder plug for turbo. change them asap.[/quote]

so everyone uses a BKR7E ?[/quote]

I use PFR6B-9

actually no.

so everyone uses a BKR7E ?[/quote]

I use PFR6B-9[/quote]

hmmm… I went tonight and bought some BKR6E-11 “crappytire keeps those instead of the BKR7E or E-11 now they said?”

I have not put them in yet but the plugs I have in now from the G20 are heat range 5s… car runs a bit funny at times

i have sentra se-r plugs by NGK that i got from crappaaaa tire

SHASHASHAHSHAHSH I MISS YOU (L)

actually no.

Dude… if you didnt bring it up I probably would have fucked around for a while!

Put in the 6s and my car runs SOOOOOOOOOO much better! may have to try some 7s now. lol

i got some zex iridium spark plugs because they have a really low heat range got them from auto shop not cheap though

Did you guys with the BKR7E have to smim it down to 35???/

you know make that $hit closer.

smim?

Are you talking about gapping it down… yes…and I gap to 28

I hear .030 is the norm.

I just picked up some g-power bkr6egp

How do I make the gap smaller??

EDIT: nvm, I just pushed it against a hard surface.

ya sorry no sleep and at work so that was not to clear.

ya that gap is what I ment with a shim for mesurment

28-30 it is,

is there truly a noticibul difference???