Best sparkplugs for SR20DET ?

hey guys I have HKS spark plugs in my SR20DET, I am wondering is whether I should try and order the same HKS ones taht were in it although I have no clue who I can order them through or should I go for the NGK. As for NGK do different heat range have different part numbers ?

IMO you should save your money and not buy HKS plugs which are probably made by NGK anyways. Just buy NGK coppers for like $3-$4 a plug and maybe chage them more frequently. If you have extra money and really feel the need you could buy the iridiums but I think it would be unnecessary.

The part numbers do tell you the heat range. Check NGK’s website for their part number nomenclature. If you’re running the stock turbo BKR6E-11’s will do it for you.

We’ve got some in stock too if you need any.

Robbby’s got the right idea.

Get some cheap plugs and change them out quite frequently. I change mine every few months or with oil changes - whatever comes first.

This is also a great idea because you won’t care when you foul them…and foulding plugs on a turbo car can happen quite easily.

BKR6E are good for stock boost
BKR7E are what I use and are fine for 21psi

anyone having problems with the BKR7’s on cool days, like below +12C? it’s only on cool evenings or mornings it feels like it’s misfiring or something.

Nope

Where did you find the 7’s dan? I looked high and low for those damn things last summer…

Dustin, I have some in stock if you need any.

www.clubplug.ca

Last time I ordered 40 plugs and shipping was only around $5.

I order them at Can Tire - I only order 20 at a time :frowning:

I priced them at CT and it still came out cheaper buying them online even with the shipping.

I get a corp discount atCanTire so my plugs are about 2 bucks a pop

Group Buy? :smiley:

hey guys do BKR7E’s come pre-gap or if not whats the stock gap for blacktop s13 SR, for 7psi (stock boost) and up to 10psi…

You will need to gap them down to 0.028"

I have a set of new in box NGK Iridium BKR7E’s if anyone wants them PM me

whats that in mm ?

whats that in mm ?[/quote]

Well… 0.040" = 1.0mm … so 0.028" should be equal to 0.7mm

thanks alot guys, and s13gg what is it now mr. internet mechanic ?