Any ideas?

Sup guys,
Runnin a s14 sr20det w. fmic, gt28rs, stock ecu, stock injectors, orig coil packs, not 100% on the spark plugs gottem at nissan so i wouldnt be surprised if they were meant for a ka or somethin (def not the NGK’s), 3" downpipe to full 3" exhaust, stock MAF

Runnin about 11 or 12 lbs of boost, no problems until yesterday night when it was cold and its now happenin now and wont go away, so the problem is…

Driving the car in first when u floor it at about 5500rpm get this light popping/ almost mild backfire, hesitation goin on then switch to second full throttle everythings good till about the same maybe a bit before, third etc…

It idles real smooth, no smoke that i can see when i get up to those rpm or ever, runs fine until that rpm

Symptoms of shotty plugs maybe, could i have over heated them by runnin the car hard for a period time?

Any help would be ballin

Check your plugs bro, make sure you got NGK BKR7E’s or if you want even better plugs than copper with mild performance increase throughout with longevity upgrade to NGK BKR7E-IX (iridium).

Good Luck!

Would you not be leaning out hardcore with stock maf, stock injectors with a 28rs running 12 lbs… someone chime in here.

Two thoughts:
-You didn’t build your car and you need to educate yourself before attempting any maintenance or modifications.
-If you don’t you’re going to kill your car.

stfu bud, i know what i know and what i dont know i post help for, thats what the technical section is for right?

and as for the leaning out, my a/f guage reads mostly stoich or maybe a lil more towards rich

if you dont have something to say to help the man shut your mouth! the man post to get help in this section for a reason. ppl learn to fix cars by breaking them and learning how to replace and fix different things on the car… back on topic

check the plugs, and maybe see if you can get some coil packs just in case yours starting to go on you!

No need to get defensive. I’m sure you have a lot invested in your vehicle and pretty sure you don’t want anything to happen to it. You need to know what kind of plugs you have and what kind of plugs you require. Research is your friend.

Sounds like you aren’t getting a clean burn. Even though your gauge says ‘stoic’, it’s not a wideband and could be inaccurate.
Start with installing colder plugs, properly gapped with a little bit of anti-seize on the threads. Don’t touch the ceramic with your fingers and keep them clean.

And for nitescream, I never opened my mouth.

gt28rs = bigger injecters maff and better spark wide band etc.

i learned by putting a conecting rod through my block

my 2 cents though (what do i know anyway)

your plugs may be totally wrong

they could be gapped too wide AND/OR the wrong heat range

check them and get the correct ones

NGK BKR7E-IX are the best plugs to run for my car?
yea well heres some funy shit, i had the car cert by nissan when i bought it and it turns out after checkin over the bill nd shit they put crappy sparkplugs in it that were meant for the KA… how come there goin now? the gt28rs has only been on for a few days, think me rippin it just fucked the plugs right up?

Who did the gt28rs and what else was done when the installation was done?

sasha at sg did it, we talked bout it and came to the conclusion this turbo would run the best without adding new injectors/ecu cus i had limited funds and a fucked up turbo but still, it runs perfectly, no sparatic idle and before the plugs went she was fuckin flyin… monday or tuesday, found a big parking lot and drove er pretty hard for a good half hour or so im thinkin thats what fried the plugs… ill be gettin new ones tuesday, ill keep it posted

What are your AFR’s under boost? What kind of fuel pump do you have? My bet is you are maxing out your injectors BIG TIME at that many psi.

under boost it runs a bit rich but not out of the ordinary rich, runnin a wally 255 had no problems with it, i know the psi is a bit high but it just started a day or 2 ago after i kicked it and if it was injectors i wouldnt idle smooth or drive smooth would i?

What are your AFR’s tho? Under boost it should be approx 11.9:1

Yes, you would still drive smooth and idle smooth, but once you hit high boost there isnt enough injector to compensate for the amount of air you are pushing into your engine.

y all of a sudden though? i have had the turbo for about a week and only since yesterday has it started happening

WHAT ARE YOUR AFR’s UNDER BOOST?!

i dunno ill have to get back to you on that

If it isnt plugs, My guess is that you blew up your motor. Running high boost without the proper fueling system will result in running way to lean. Too lean = bye bye sr20.