Turbo plugs for my GSRT...HELP, the car wont start...its too cold out?

Hey guys,
I bought some plugs for my boosted GSR from the honda dealer and i forgot the part #. All i know is i say turbo plugs and they give me plugs. Partschick said so. Since then they have new faces and im sure they dont know what im talking about. Does anyone know what im talking about? I know there are a few here using them. Also if i remember corrctly the gap is like .2 to .25 right?

The teg was running “ok” last week. I believe i have a foul plug becuase when it starts up it sounds like a go kart. about 5 mins later it runs perfect. I went to start it tonite (last started a week ago) and it wont turn over.

Anyone have this problem with there boosted honda?

thanks

Quick search on h-t

Stock honda plugs are BCPR6ES

you can use the chart to figure out how cold of a plug you want. I’m running the 7’s ( 1 step colder then stock ) with a gap of around .28 on my ls/vtec turbo set up

http://www.ngk.com/images/ngksparkplug.jpg

yeah, I typically run the bcpr7es-11. I think Mike at innovative stocks them, and I’m pretty sure paul at swerve does too. Stock # at advanced auto is 1095.

DUH…I JUST THOUGH TOF THIS NOW BUT IF I PULL THE PLUG…IT WILL SAY IT RIGHT?

nope. i think honda dealers sell blank plugs so that you can’t x-ref them to other models and have to only use honda brand.

IT will have a part number on it, but the real part number is hidden underneath. Once you pull the plug, locate the part number stamped on it, get some rubbing alcohol and some cheesecloth. (if you don’t have cheese cloth, boxer briefs work, but take 40% longer) rub the old HONDA fake part number off to get the real NGK number.

either that or buy the stock plugs and leave them in the freezer for two days until they are real cold - don’t forget to gap them properly

yeah. that’s another thing. Since it’s been so cold, the thermal expansion and contraction coefficients of the steel hook and copper electrode actually CLOSES the gap. You might just try what chino says with the plugs that are in there. It’s called TEMPERATURE GAPPING. Put the plugs in the freezer (2 days is unnecessary, 5 hours is PLENTY) THEN gap.

idk maybe I have a shitty freezer - mine took 2+ days

HOLY SHIT

This cleared up my slight miss with the legacy (re-gapping for winter)
I also think it helped with my gas mileage.
I left my plugs in the freezer overnight. ~12 hours

I love my fine wire plat plugs for m turbo car they don’t wear out fast and I can run a big gap.

REALLY?
toss them in the freezer?
hmmm. yea ill check the gaps today

yea but if you have a side by side freezer, not the up & down type you need to make sure its on the top shelf

Thanks man. Those would work. bcpr7es is even better since they start with a smaller gap so you don’t have to gap them down as much. I always have tons in stock.

OH RIGHT RIGHT…SIDE BY SIDE IS BAD…GUESS I CANT DO IT THEN

NYS BS AGAIN:picard:

people who dont actually contribute:spunk::spunk::spunk:

are u cerain its even the plugs?

IT DID THIS TO ME LAST WINTER…DIDNT WANT TO START.
COME SPRING I REPLACED THE PLUGS AND IT RAN.

UNLESS IT JUST REALLY DOESNT LIKE THE COLD

lol sorry - had you going for a while there though.

why not use the graph 91crxsi posted and just replace them - its a cheap and easy fix, even if it doesn’t solve your problem it is a simple thing to rule out.

yea so i pulled the plugs and damn there black

i called honda and told them my plug reads

NGK
R

on the one side and the other side reads

BCPR7E

he then said…“duuuuh nope we dont sell those”

either hes on crack or something
can i get these plugs anywheres?
i need them today!

thanks

go to autozone