Spark Plug Assistance ASAP

So I just put in a colder set of plugs and the car’s idling pretty high, like near 2,000 RPM high…

I had the recommended BKR5E’s in before and they’ve been switched to BKR6EGP (platinum, heat range 6).

Are they needing gapping? Would you always need to gap going to a colder plug or have I gotten the wrong part (would BKR6E’s need gapping too)? I ask because i’ve always run plugs ‘out of the box’ before this.

Is this hurting the engine in the meantime as well? I’m a bit newbie on playing w/ spark plugs…

Thanks…

First question – why did you get a colder plugs? Are you boosted?

In a week or two – yes i’ll be boosted. Just wanted to get the car running with the new plugs I guess…

EDIT: Self-pwnage…I kid you not…the plugs are fine! I left my throttle bent out of the way which caused the high-idling! I feel so dumb… :oops:

SOLVED. Haha.

Haha. I was going to say did you touch the throttle cables. You should check the gap on the plugs always just to be safe.
Also your going to be changing your gap when you start boosting. I was told to run a .27 but I put it to .30 i think stock is .42-.45 (i think can’t remember)

yea make sure you gap the plugs when you go boost you may find the car start to break up under heavy loads after a while, i’d reccomend .28 for anything above 10psi and .32 for anything below 5psi, 5-10 maybe .30

You guys rule…i’ll do that. I’m also gonna switch to copper NGK’s eventually (ka-t.org advice). Cheers…