Holy spark plugs Batman!

So its come to that time for me to change out the old and in with the new. So i start hunting around for plugs and relized its pretty fuckin hard to find the right plugs for a car not sold over here!I sourced out part #'s from zilvia.net but they were only half of a part # so really it was just a shot in the dark. I ended up getting the NGK BCPR6EY-11 close enough to the BCPR6 listed on zilvia.

Thought i needed to share that info to you all :partyman:

what kind of boost are you running?

6 seems mild.

Call Bumper to Bumper on 99 st and 39 ave. They were able to get my GTR plugs overnight!

Stock boost for my CA18DET= 7psi

same plugs.

i hope you gapped them because that is pre-set at .045 or 1.1mm as the 11 says at the end.

What should a guy be running in a SR20DET pushing 13PSI of boost? approx 250hp? And what kind of gap do you guys recomend? Right now it has HKS plugs in her but right now it’s at stock boost and I will be running around a 6PSI low boost and 13PSI high boost, come summer time. What do you guys think I should go with?

This sites got alot of part #'s
http://www.ca18det.org
Might help u out for other things

SR’s love BKR7ES11’s on high boost. that is what i run with no problems at all. And the best part they cost 1.50/ plug. ( i bought 16 cuz they were on sale)

at stock boost you can use BKR6E-11 or bkr6es-11’s they are more common.

I thought you were suppose to gap them at 1.1mm because that is what the info on zilvia said.

I thought you were suppose to gap them at 1.1mm because that is what the info on zilvia said.[/quote]

???

maybe on a non-turbo engine. Mine are gapped at .028. .030 or .035 is ok with stock boost but at higher boost the plugs need to be gapped smaller as the upped boost will blow out the spark. But if it is working i would not worry. if you feel a mis fire at higher rpm or a hesitation gap them smaller

I thought you were suppose to gap them at 1.1mm because that is what the info on zilvia said.[/quote]

???

maybe on a non-turbo engine. Mine are gapped at .028. .030 or .035 is ok with stock boost but at higher boost the plugs need to be gapped smaller as the upped boost will blow out the spark. But if it is working i would not worry. if you feel a mis fire at higher rpm or a hesitation gap them smaller[/quote]

Thats the first time i ever heard of that but, what the hell ill give .30 a try and see how they run.

how bout for 18 pounds on a sr?

same as what i run. maybe a gap of .025 but i dunno. you have to keep testing.

Not listening to Rob usually works good. :lol: :lol:

yea rob thanks for the help on the mani

We whould have done it if you owned some wreches.

Where did you find the 7 heat range? I was looking everywhere!! PM me. I definitely need some 7’s.

NO!! don’t PM, post it up so I can see too!

Any opinions on the use of platinum or iridium plugs in the SR? I have heard of some engines burning these out way to fast or fouling them very quickly…any experience with them when you crank up the boost?

Call me anytime. I have 16 at my house right now.
Just ask for BKR7ES-11 or BKR7E-11. Just remember to gap them.

BPR’s are for rb’s and CA’s

Those are the plugs i pulled fom my CA… whats the deal with this whole heat range thing, thats what i dont understand :oops: I just wanna make sure im not fucking anything up here