help want to get new plugs and wires for sr20

my engine is misfiring i think… idol bit rough. wen im driving and want to keep the gas steady at one speed the engine bogs out, but if im giving it gas or decelerating it seems fine. Has this happened to anyone? Im gonna try to change the spark plugs and wires to see if thats the problem. where can i buy the plugs and wires? wat type? any part numbers? is there a similar engine sold in north america that uses same plugs and wires?
thanks for help guys.

Ummm before you get flamed for asking the dumbest question of the year.

How about searching (been covered LOTS before)

Look in the stickies in RWD TECH.

Have a nice day :E

Well done Rob! Way to fight the flamming temptation. :lol:

could be the fuel pump

ignitor maybe ?

no spark plug wires. search plugs or something and you will find what your looking for

Major Props Rob.

Umm wow do you see any spark plug wires maybe thats why your having troubles, definatly going to have to buy some of those and throw them onto the spark plugs. Just kidding man the sr’s don’t use plug wires they havedirect fire individual coil packs on each spark plug…good luck with the troubleshooting.

Dude if you are in Edmonton, I will help you. PM me.

sorry guys I feel so stupid about the wires…i thoguht it had wires from the coils to the plugs… thanks RS13 i search the forum and found some part numbers for the plugs. i am new with all this so please take it easy on me im not doing this to piss u off :roll: But i think i found the problem. the story starts wen i made a dumb choice to buy a turbo kit of ebay, wen i got it then i found out its immation gt28rs and has same specs. couldnt return it because its the same turbo as in pic but i didint know wat the real one looked like at the time. anyways wen i got everytin installed the turbo made kinda winding noise untill i hit boost then it was gone, thought it was normal but nope after like an hour of drive time that winding noise got alot louder and now it wont boost. my buddys at work say that noise is the bearings in the turbo. so it probaly was the turbo causing it to run rough. Now i got rapped in the ass :anal gotta take everything back out in the cold wheater the search for a place to rebuild this peice of crap to work properly begins.

Don’t get it rebuilt throw it in the garbage and buy a real one.

This man speaks the truth.

If you can wait, search around for deals. I bought a real GT28RS brand new, still in the box, never installed for $1000.

^^^^

Yea i found a GT2871R for just a little more. Make sure you buy a REAL Garrett (you can see on the serial number on the cartridge) or buy a Precision from bing with warranty