SR20 guys need your help!!

Ok I searched like crazy on my issue and tried everything and this is why I’m resorting to this post, I have a redtop SR In my s13, on start up it runs normal makes makes boost no problem, but when the engine is warm and I rev to about 4 grand the engine hesitates and acts like if there is a limiter at 4 grand! This problem is driving me crazy the parts I have changed as follows; swapped a MAF same issue, taped the BOV closed to make sure of no boost leak, installed a whole new engine harness, new injectors, new fuel pump (reads at 42 psi), new temp sensor and also a new oxygen sensor… Now I heard if there is a exhaust leak before a oxygen sensor it can give false readings can anyone confirm that? Cause i do think I have a small leak at the mani or turbo flange, Or has anyone had the same problem??

If there’s an exhaust leak before the oxygen sensor the pcm will think the engine is running lean and dump more fuel into the combustion camber,which could cause the hesistation but I’m not sure about the revs bouncing around 4000rpm though
Hope that helps?

have you tried swapping your igniter out

No haven’t tried that yet, but ill get on that maybe new plugs as well but the plugs I currently have are only a year old!

Any other suggestions would be awesome!!

sounds like a faulty knock sensor. disconnect it and see if that solves the problem

that’s what happenes to me when my plugs are starting to foul. I would have started there, year old plugs are not new in boosted cars especially if you run rich.

I am interested to know what you problem ends up being though. good luck

check your plugs, sounds like it is not sparking, so look for fowling, and check the gap, I had that issue, when I made boost it would “blow out the spark” so I gapped it down and it ran fine

love the input! but its confusing cause it runs fine when cold, would temp affect the plugs?

there is two coolant temp sensors, are you sure you switched the one the ecu uses, and not the one the dash uses?

it would have to be a very big leak for it 02 to be giving u those problems, i have my turbo pretty much falling right off and my car still ran fine

Since u checked maf, check the wiring too, knock sensor and coolant temp sensor. Its got to be one of those three. These cars only have like 5-6 sensors that control everything. Best way would be to have a buddys runnig sr drop by, and just swap parts off his car until urs runs good.

just wondering what the gap should be on the plugs im gonna be putting ones this weekend!

.030 is what is should be, but I would drop it down a bit.

use copper plugs, BKR6E

also, you should not be boosting when the engine is cold.

.028-.044

^^ yeah what he said

timing timing timing so many people think they set the c.a.s. properly but its not

how can it be timing when it starts no problem, and runs great when cold??? i dont know if that makes sense…

I picked up new plugs, and grabbing turbo gaskets of bing this weekend so ill keep this updated!

turbo gaskets? are they blown?

Any news?

we will know this weekend!!!

yea both my gaskets are blown…

changed both my turbo gaskets on the weekend the SR feels more powerfull but still cuts out when warm! but ill be changing the plugs next and keep u guys updated

gapped my plugs to .035 plugs looked mint but still the problem remains when engine is warm…

could it be the coils?? it idles low when warm but doesnt sputter…

or could it be the igniter chip? im lost :frowning: