Sr black top turbo or ka turbo

Get a CA18.

Build it, drive it, love it.

Low and high end torque. It’s rev happy, and its a factory turbo setup.

The only bad thing is that parts are hard/expensive to come by.

The choices are out there, make one, and avoid letting others make that decission for you.

$0.02

^^^ ca18 thats so late 80`s lol.
torque??
“The only bad thing is that parts are hard/expensive to come by.” for sho

SOHC KA or nothing! DO IT!

honestlt, do any motor swap BUT NEVER GO SR20 NEVVERRR its GAYYYYY

to spite what other ppl say on son, the shittyest motor around is an sr. i liked my sohc better than my sr. hell id rather PUSH my car than drive it with an sr…

orrrr you could always go to plan b and hop on the band waggon and go sr just cause everyone has one

cause you know having the same setup as everyone else is the new black

Shawn, just be straight up… Tell them the truth…

You know what… I will…

SR’s are the new rice… JDM is overrated… Its like A Civic with a D16 swapped with a B16… In the end, its still a Civic, and it still doesn’t make enough torque to turn lugnuts…

I like having torque at 2000 RPM, not 3000+. I like power and semi-decent fuel economy. USDM tight y’all

:wink:

dodge the father ram the daughter i always say

yada yada yada yada

^^^ what you mean the new black, SOMETHING WRONG WITH BLACK???

SORRY JR

i ment the new pink

anything wrong with pink!?>!?!?!?!?!!

damn right.

LOLP4NCAKES

but srsly, swap in the Hyundai geneisis motor(4cyl turbo).

I hear it’s the new SR.

The plus is, you get to start your own ban wagen, and its mAd kDm P@NdA TiGhT yO!

lol fastback240 might drop in the genesis motor and turn his 240 into a pink waggon just like he spelt it then he`ll be original again… the new gayyy lol

I think ka-t is becoming the new banwagon…

its funny. Ever since this recession hit, I been hearing more and more about $500 ka-t setups. Suddenly, $2,000 sr setups are rice…

Its quite funny how that works…

Its easy, go to google and type “blown sr” then type “blown ka”. Whichever has less items wins. And the threads about blown sr’s are because someone fukd up not because the motor couldn’t take it.

Ka24de is a fuel efficient truck motor which is the only reason they can make ANY decent power. Only reason ppl turbo them is lack of funds or to be “different”. If sr’s came in s-chasis in north america this topic would never arise and ppl wouldn’t even talk about ka’s.

I got nothin against ka-t’s if there done properly I’m just sick of kids shittin on sr’s cuz they can’t afford them. The sr is a high performance motor that come turbocharged from the factory. The only reason north american 240’s came with ka’s is because they wouldn’t allow the sr over here and the fuel effiecient 4 cylinder s13 nissan king cab pickup motor was the backup plan

/end rant

^^^^
please read b4 you post stuff out of of ignorance. what you fail to realize is that there are a large number of succesful ka-t owners …obviously not in canada because its SR land but in the U.S where guys love big displacement. I personally owned a 400+whp ka-t with NO issues what so ever up til i went with the 2jz motor so i know what im talking about.

“its easy, go to google and type “blown sr” then type “blown ka”. Whichever has less items wins…”
its a no brainer to acknowledge that most people (1)boost bonestock high mileage kas so what do you expect ,(2)SRs became very popular in north america in the last 5 years or so and (3) the dudes that drop in srs are still on the stock t25/t28 so why the hell should the sr blow. how many 350whp street srs do u know of on SON or in canada.just a handful or 2…

Alot of people drop in SR`s because its convenient, it can be done in a driveway in a couple days with no tuning involved a true bolt on start n go swap which is perfect for all the school boys/guys on a tight budget looking for 200-250hp LOL so dont get it twisted… when you build a ka-t properly it takes determination and time (sometime u got to get a spare long block)then order parts, assemble them, then as soon as its installed its got to be tuned.

Let me fill you in on a secret when i was ka-t i was on a [ jwt tuned ecu running 15psi ] i ran my buddy numerous times with a AEM TUNED sr that dynoed 357whp @15psi… i won everytime with identical mods.so my point is if some1 is willing to give the ka a fair chance more power to them LITERALLY lol…NO RANT HERE JUST FACTS

Nice…this debate again.

Hey guys, AWD>RWD>FWD…let’s do that one next. And then after that, we could do Import VS Export.

I really dont see this as a debate man i just think people are just misinformed and as a result try to deter people from going the KA route with no idea what they are talking about.also people always think i got something against SR`s and trust me i dont LOL

This is a never-ending debate and we all know it. However I’d like to chime in.

Each decision of motor depends on both Money and Tuning.

You can spend the same amount of money to buy an SR, spend the same amount of money Building a KA, but it all comes down to how it’s tuned.

An SR can blow in a matter of minutes if not tuned properly, same goes for KA.

Can you afford to buy proper materials for the KA? Can you afford upgraded bolt ons for the SR?

200hp is not a hard goal to reach. You make that goal out of the box with an SR, however it’s just as easy to do with a KA and X amount of money.

Money and Tune

That’s all it is.

ka-t , sr’s are yesterdays news … Its all about 2jz , rb25 , 26 these days.

lol the answer to this thread in a nut shell well said

Dont 4get 1jzs,1.5jzs, ls`s lol

martinas going soft

i dont have anything agenst srs and i dont think there rice just to clear things up, there just a very shitty motor imo.