time to go sr?

So I haven’t done much research on the sr but am going to soon. I see that there is a red top for sale for 2200 with everything. Is that a good price?
As you most know I have a de-t but I am having so much head eaks with ppl and part that I just wana get a sr or maybe even say no more and sell it all (except car).

I bought my sr (black top) for 2000 cash from Tiger, it was more or less complete, no ignitor chip and the harness was only cut in one spot (once again, ignitor chip plug was missing)

it’s a good move though, good luck :slight_smile:

if you buy SR, i may buy your de-t setup!

and i would be interested in engine :slight_smile:

Why did you initially decide to go KAT JJM? I was anxiously awaiting the KA-T debut at Shannonville this year. Your project somewhat inspired me to go the KA-T route, but i see your point about the SR being easier.

What problems have you encountered?

what kinda specs (psi… intercooler etc…) are u currently runnin in the… u sounded really dedicated on the ka-t…

I still might stick with the kat. Its pretty good the only problem I am having is with people and parts haha.
Ok so first off:
Tuning the car is a lot more then I thought. So that set me back to feb to get this thing working 80%
Second is a big one.
When I got my manifold there was a hair line crake in the weld and I showed them so then just put more weld there :?. Then I got it ceramic coated ($150) but guess what, that crack is back!! And now the manifold is on the car making it harder to work on. So now I got to go see if they will even fix it then get it recoated! But I can’t have down time with my car cause I got to get to work. So I might just get it fixed and rap it instead but now I don’t get the look of the nice shiny manifold.

And I am running a T3 with about 1 psi but it will be around 6 when tuned, saab IC (until I can afford a better one) a custom manifold a 3” exhaust system and a bunch of goodies.

I wanted to go kat because of the bigger engine (2.4). And don’t worry I will be at shannonville this year with the kat or the sr… 90%kat still.

As for the ppl that want to go kat get your manifold form a place that makes a lot of them!!! J&R is a good place with good people, just the manifold isn’t what I expected.

i have had my KAT manifold for 3 years…no cracks yet…

had the bolts fall off alot…but no cracks :slight_smile:

I’m goin KAT 2 … … where did you guys get all your parts? and what price am i looking at!!!..
for now i have 1000 - t28 turbo from s15
700 - mainfold
1200 - ic and piping
600 - bov and turbo timer
1000 - fuel management (jwt tune)
4500 - total + im’ gonna have to get something 2 save my engine… possibly 2.0mm headgasket… does anyone kno where i can get this from???

parts from everywhere…

cost…10k around that anyway