why is everyone selling their ka-t

lol in the forsale there is like 4 people selling ka-t setups.
something is up?

RB

It’s because the ka-t has too much power to handle.

winter + bad driver + turbo = fail

fucking rite sunny rb it is!!!

Winner.

lol the love hate relation ships pepople have here for ka-t’s is amazing!

This is why, SON members are all cheap and KA-T is cheaper than SR, but it involves more work. When they realize the work and the fact that the KA-T setup is cheaper than SR only if the KA-T is cheap they sell. Thats what I did :slight_smile:

^ That’s so fucking confusing…
I <3 KA-T because torks owns, and because the car already comes with a free KA. IMO, KA-T should be done as follows:
Big ass turbo, proper lines & shieeet.
Nice, high quality manifold
Injectors, FMIC, etc… the whole nine yards.
Proper fuel management & a good tune.
Bone stock internals.
Boost away happily until you blow it. Build the motor fully. ??? Profit.

the basic bottom mount turbo set up with an SR turbo, cheapo manifold running the lines and an SAFC is pretty awesome if you dont run alot of boost… must have FMIC and full 3" SR exhuast.

you can run like 8psi and be faster than an SR at 10psi.

Bobby and Jesse both have this set up and both of their cars are sooo goddamn fun to drive… i swear to god that set up owns… especially in jesse’s car.

problem is that to do that right you still gotta have a solid KA and $1500 to blow… most people try to do it even cheaper than that = ghey.

Antonio, if you had of done that basic KA-T to your car before you sold you would not have even wanted a G35… let bobby rip you around in his car. basically the same as yours… i loved driving his car.

my car has like 15 times more money and mods into it but it gets too complicated… it wasnt until sasha did some curing to my car that it got fun again.

and yet here i go starting all over, ignoring all the basics and going right back to the SR and tons of money behind it… ungh

I know, the more I think about it, the more I want another S-Chassis. The G will stay ofcourse, but I don’t think I’ll do much of anything to it. Prolly just wheels & lowering for more baller-ness.

ka-t are great, I love them
I would love to trade my S13 SR to get a Stock S14 ka just so that I can go Ka-t.
than again, it’s just me right LOL

I fight with myself all the time about SR<KAT SR>KAT >_< RRRR no wait i was KAT next day …well maybe SR becasue…or maybe KAT becasue… ivehad tons of convos with people since ive owned my car running both and i still cant really decide…i have the moeny saved to buy an SR …or do a KAT set up …just…cant decide :expressionless: going ot decide by spring though …shrugs… as for people selling kat set up…maybe find it to hard to do …i guess it is more of a challange then just an engine swap…my best guess

In my opinion, if people want “reliability” and more peace of mind, the SR is definitely the way to go as long as you keep it fairly stock.

The KA-T will also be reliable especially if you just run a bottom mount t25 setup. (I’ve been in walter’s and it feels amazing, the torque is just so awesome.)

However, it depends on how hard you want to drive your car.

If you plan on tracking your car a lot, you probably would want to go with the SR. If you just want to boot around town, the KA-T should be reliable.

However, people like Jesse track their cars like mad and it’s still reliable. So I guess it mostly depends on the condition of your motor + how you treat it.

KA-T vs SR…
Here we go again.
I like the steady HP and TQ curves of the KA-T as opposed to the spiky ones of the SR.

But, here is the kicker.

A lot of people want to go KA-T because they think It will be cheaper , like someone else said, but don’t realize the work involved. This also goes for guys that try tune the KA with only an SAFC or cheap out on parts like a good clutch.

Besides that, a lot of people don’t have the knowledge or experience to run that setup.
They make the KA-T their first “turbo” project and don’t know how to work out the kinks.

You see post like “How much boost can I run on a stock KA with a GT35R??? 15 lbs???”
WTF!
On that note, a lot of these KA-T guys run monster setups with the only goal of making power and not having a balanced car. Foregoing Brakes, Suspension, etc.

Another explanation could be that the KA-T, seems to be a transition motor.
Kinda like, “um, this is already in here so I’m gonna turbo it and then see what I want later on”
SR ( s13, s14 or s15)
1JZ
2JZ
VQ30
VK45
RB25 or 26
VQ35 or anything else

Or its Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa and people are hurting for cash and since everyone thinks that their car is THE SHIT, either pull them off the road or are using this time to build up anyways.

If you are doing a daily driver that barely gets abused…then low boost KA is an option.

However, if you are tracking/lapping a lot, and dont want to spend 1/2 the day under the hood, then there is no doubt that the sr is the more reliable and user friendly way to boost your s chassis.

If your not going to build it dont go huge on a KA-T. If you have decent to big power goals then your going to need to build it up.

Exactly. That is what I was trying to say as I’ve had experience with both.

And it’s true, a ka-t is no necessarily cheaper. It’s about the same price but you do get more torque in the end. Around 240tq at 8 or 9psi on a ka-t. However, if you track your car a lot, it might not be too reliable.

Meh, there are always a TON of SR’s being sold also.

Hell I think it is just easer to not have a turbo if you want something reliable.

Crate V8 here I come.

This is not the purpose of this thread…

It’s the purpose of THIS thread:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8983