want power? go ka.

sorry if this is a repost at all but here we go. i was looking around the internet and found these interesting facts about the ka and sr.

Displacement
ka: 2,388 cc Bore/Stroke: 89mmx96mm
sr: 1,998 cc Bore/Stroke: 86mmx86mm
verdict: While the SR20 has a box design and can handle higher RPM, the KA boasts a huge difference in displacement. You would have to stroke and bore an SR motor to its limit to match the same displacement as a stock KA.

block
ka: Cast Iron Block
sr: Aluminum Block
verdict: The SR wins out when it comes to weight. But since we are only concerned about power, the KA block is more rigid for our purpose. We won’t have to re-sleeve our block as we would with an SR.

internals
ka: Cast Aluminum Piston, Steel Rod
sr: Cast Aluminum Piston, Steel Rod
verdict: Not much difference in this department when talking about big power. With either engine, you would have to switch to a forged piston and billet rod to handle any serious amount of boost.(that surprised you didnt it)

head
ka: Shim over bucket
sr: Rocker arm
verdict: The SR can spin some RPM but is notorious for breaking rocker arms at high RPM conditions. The KA utilizes a shim-over-bucket design, eliminating the risk of rocker arm failure.

timing
ka: Standard Cam timing
sr: Variable Cam Timing
verdict: VTC is a great way to make power, but there aren’t really that many choices when it comes to VTC-compliant cams. The SR wins when it comes to this feature. But since most tuners use non VTC cams, it’s not by much.

ingnition
ka: distributor
sr: coil pack
verdict: The KA’s distributor design is a simple and reliable way of transmitting spark to the engine. But the coil pack design of the SR conducts a stronger, more responsive spark. Since we will be using a stand-alone ECU, we have the ability to integrate a coil pack system into our KA.

boost
ka: Naturally Aspirated (N/A)
sr: turbo
verdict: Alright, this is the deal breaker. Sure there is no replacement for displacement, but when you add forced induction into the equation, all bets are off. This is the core of the power behind the SR. Our KA will be addressing this with an HKS T51R SPL turbo.

so if you got the money go ka.
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0907_nissan_ka24de_motor_build/index.html

you should be banned for posted stupid shit

I thought it was helpful

KA-T > SR…here we go again haha…

OMGZ UR GUYZ ARE NOOBS
EVERY1 NOWS B16 IZ BETTER!!
XD

no really, hasnt ka vs sr been done like a billion times. everyone knows, and showing this doesn’t say anything. some ppl will go sr, some ppl ka… its personal choice DAMIT.

luis240sx. you make me laugh.
midnight. thanks i thought to some ppl it might be.
red line. lol no not another ka vs sr. i just wanted to add some facts that i havnt seen on son yet

This was in Import Tuner. ka vs sr vs ca discussions never end.

i know its all about personal choice but ppl like to see facts. me personally would choose sr cuz its cheaper and the power and tune is all right there. but if i had the time and money i would go ka.

ls2 yo

F22C

Yo dawg, so i herd u like 240’s so we put a KA in your SR so you can argue while you argue

Honestly… KA-T if done right will murder an SR… a stock rebuilt KA with a turbo and lower comp ratio will be able to handle more boost than a SR more reliably, but you are looking to spend about $2000-2500 rebuilding the motor, then another $2000+ for a nice turbo set-up. For drop in and go… I feel the RB20DET is the best motor for a 240 as you can have one running nicely for about $2500. Then a nicely running SR20DET swap runs about $4000… comparable to an RB25DET into a 240 cost wise. Then either a KA-T or CA18DET as both will need to be rebuilt in order to run reliably costing upwards of $4000. But this is my opinion and I know that noone really cares. Bang for buck go RB20DET, if you want nice reliable power that was meant for the S chassis go SR20DET for a little more coin. If you want a setup to play around with even more and not be afraid to crank the boost up really high go RB25DET or even RB26DETT and if you love to work on motors go with either a KA-T or CA18DET. Another good motor if you got upwards of $10000 to play with is the 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE or even the VQ series motor… but since this is son… I know everyone is SR biased so I’ll most likely get flamed for this.

/end thread

i sayy 2jz!

http://www.intellexual.net/temp/2jzswapwithnas.jpg

lol thats all you needed to say really:p

I lol’d SO HARD at that, omg XSNRGE, ahahahahahahahahaha.

I have yet to meet a person who would rather have the 2.2 over the 2.0.

Stop.

Everyone is saying how if they put a bunch of money into a KA,
What about putting alot of money into SR?

This Topic is homo

I vote for banning the OP. What an idiot.

I find it funny that the ones who are always defending KA-T are the ones who still have stock KA’s and are thinking about either going KA-T or SR.

Honestly, everyone I know that has a KA-T has blown at LEAST 1 motor. It really isn’t reliable. Don’t get me wrong, it feels really quick even with a t25 but I like to track my car and I want to be thinking about my driving rather than my motor while I’m on the track.

What’s the point of more power when you can’t even finish the race?

old

sohc hammer ftmfwzomgbbqgtfotastic