which would be better? sr20 or ka24

hey guys i was just wondering for price reasons which would be better
a sr20 swap like full out with no short cuts

or

a ka24 for $800 with i kinda think is a little steep given the fact that it seems a little pricey to me

let me know what you guys think thanks

sr! impo

Their not that expensive

SR.

B16

KA vs SR, round 1782!

1UZ FE ftw :slight_smile:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/FITZPATRICK_07/MSSC%20TERRIBLE%20WORK/crbs03513551.jpg

KA Beats SR according to google fights

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=KA&word2=SR

KA- 336000000
SR- 305000000

LoL

Google dosn’t lie my Jay-Dee-Em Friend. Neither does Christopher Reeves, but hes going nowhere fast.

hahaha this guy

a ka24 for $800 with i kinda think is a little steep given the fact that it seems a little pricey to me

Good reasoning.

sr20det is a full race ready eng ka24de is not 5500 for a full sr swap 10000 to make the ka race ready

LOL

I’m dying, this thread has killed me with laughter.

10000 to make a ka race ready?

yes and let me enplane why, you will need forged pistons $900 stage 2 cams $800 port and polished head $500 connecting rods$400 turbo kit 3000-4500 depending on brand koyo rad $400 dual fan $400 ecu e manage plus tuning and all the labor adds up to well over $8000 so to be safe one should have 10000 to do a ka turbo set up the right way

^^^

your math is fucked.

never mind your “prices”

labor alone on installing a turbo kit run around $1000 thats what i was told by my mechanic and to do all the other parts pistons cams rods you may as well rebuild the whole engine because the labor cost to put them in will run you as much to rebuild it. takes a very long time to take apart and engine and you are paying for every hour that goes by.

So you’re saying it will take $10,000 to make a KA perform the same as the all mighty, “race-ready” SR20?

if you want to rip, sr will make you love life, they are super reliable, not to say that ka’s are not. but that extra 50hp an sr has makes it all the worth having.

the swap is straight forward, parts for sr are available.

i think that ka’s are boring…unless you go ka-t but then enjoy poping your hood everyday to fix something.

just cut the b/s and buy a sr.