New and Going to do a Conversion.

I know you guys are probably sick of the new guys asking dumbass questions ( I know the feeling because I go through the same thing on another forum. )
So, I’ll try and keep this to things I need to hear from guys that are very knowledgable.

I am interested in getting a 95-98 240 and doing an SR swap. I’d like to
have Around 300WHP And I hear that GT28RS ( Disco Potato to some )
Makes excellent smooth power for engines sized 1.8 to 2.4 Litres.
What I would like to know is what the stock block can handle?, I know the Black tops are generally more costly but, they also come with more stock HP so I would assume more stout internals? Please confirm or deny this.
I am not going to build some half ass car, I want Good Brakes, Suspension, Tires, and looks.
I would like some advice on the swap overall ( ie…little know facts, Etc…)
NO I am not interested in a Turbo KA, Thats fine for some but not what I am looking for.

Any input would be great, Thanks.

Markus.

I have one for sale with sr running mint. Let me know if your interested,m this way u can save money on the install and work on a larger turbo, etc. Its been said that the sr internals can handle around 450hp by some, but personally i wouldnt exceed 300-310 whp without forged pistons/internal work, but thats is because I would want reliable power. SR20DET redtops and blacktops are identical, except for the black/red tops, turbo is a T2 series for both. The blacktops are newer motors, up to 1997, 1998 would be s14 sr20det. As for the brakes, the 300zx twin turbo 4 POT calipers are direct bolt on to all 240’s.

The redtop and blacktop blocks and internals are more or less the same, but the S14 SR came with variable timing, which is what accounts for the extra power. Keep in mind redtop SRs are not OBD-II.

I think the record on a stock bottom end is somewhere around 550whp, but that’s hardly reliable. For 300whp, stock end will do it, but of course it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Blacktop has some improved internals like 54C pistons instead of the weaker E79’s and corresponding oil squirters. Also the modified oil pickup is also a good feature to have.

You’ll get more of this information off FA if you do a search.