Sr20 Swap with 89 240

I was just wondering if its possable to swap the k24 for a sr20 in a 240sx thats year is lower then 91 i heard they changed somthing so its not possable? sounds kind of dumb but its what i heard.

EDIT: 89 240sx hatch

and a nothing question how strong is the sr20? i heard the bottom end is bullet proof. but the top id need a cemetic head gaskget? and strong head bolts?
my mods would be t3/t4 turbo and aim for about 22+ psi
with i dunno 640 injectors and a maf-t and a greddy profec II spec b
titanuim valves
ssqv blow off valve etc
would the sr20 stand it?

Go with the stock KA , Iron block, don’t have to worry about wiring problems plus when you blow something up…and you will…you can get parts at a nissan dealership without to much hassle.

So your DSM already broke down? MUAhAHAHaah…

Yes it will go into an 89, and ka24de-t will only be as good as an SR with a stronger bottom end, you spend more for less power anyways…!!!

The '89 has the KA24E which is SOHC. If you want to swap in a KA24DE to turbo it like the other guys said, you are going to have to go thru the same process as an SR swap. ie: gauge cluster, wiring, powersteering lines, etc. That extra work isn’t worth it IMO, I’d just go for the SR.

So yes, the SR swap is possible in the KA24E equipped cars, its just a little more work. The sticky at the top of the RWD Tech forum should give you all the info you need on the swap.

ah ha thank you guys :smiley:

Ps. this isnt dan its his bud neil. i didnt have an acount so i bored this 1 :smiley:
and his dsm or what ever that eclipse thing is wicked crazy fastzors lol

And for your question about the SR standing up to that power, yes it will, with good tuning and proper internals build up. SR will accept a good 600hp pounding if you know what you are doing :anal