240sx engine....

I’m a pretty big noob to nissan. I just got my 1990 240sx witch had noisy lifters untill I bleeded them. But I’d love to put some real money into power probaly about 4 grand…so I was wondering if I should inport a sr20 engine? or could I push 250 hp out of the engine I have now with that amount of money?

thanks,
brian

the KA engine is auctually quite nice.

just put a turbo kit on it, bigger fuel injectors, bigger pump, air/exaust,

and you’ll be set.

I second the notion on a ka-t. . .turbo kit, exhaust, ignition and fuel would be a good start to a ka-t. . .then mebbe later some internals :E

remember to upgrade your footworks accordingly (suspension,brakes,tires). . .

Hey nismo, you have any pics of your car?? I would like to see the widebody!

I’d rather get an SR than try pushing a tired old SOHC.

should I at least swap to DOHC?

An sr would probably be a good choice if you are inexperienced with nissan engines… unless ur ka has perfect compression and is in excellent shape, its just not worth the hassle…

do a sr, rb… stay away from the ka junk.

^ i agree

if you can afford to have the block machined and new internals, and possibly the head rebuilt too… then ka-t it up.

otherwise stick with an sr20det

Werd, even experts blow them up frequently. :lol: :lol:

Yea the heads on KA’s sucks they use the same Valvetrain as CA’s and RB’s. :rolleyes:

i never said they sucked… boosting an engine that has 200,000km + with old and burnt valve seals is just not a good idea! :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s why u upgrade internals. . .

truck motor, cant rev, only good for towing 3 mexicans around… byyyyyyyahhhhhhhhhhh, byah, BYAH, BBBYYYAHHH!!..1!!!

but its good for smokin tires and lightin fires… yeeehaw!

but seriously, i would buy a well built 240 ka-t if i hadn’t already bought my 180

i don’t see why people still call it a truck motor. . .in was in the s13 before it was in any truck. . . :?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2428716 that would be it. Now Im still pretty keen on putting the sr20det engine in it, following a overhaul on the footworks. I have allmost everything planned out all the way to the latest dates I can get parts to finish up the engine by febuary.

thanks for the input