1989 nissan 240sx

Ok so here’s the deal, my friend’s parent’s had a 89 240sx that they bought for there son, he couldn’t and wouldn’t learn how to drive stick, so i ended up buying it It’s got around 170,+++ on the engine. I got the car sunday and with school and everything have not had much time to check into the engine, i was told it does have an oil leak, and by opening the hood, u sure as hell can see it, theres a good amount of oil around the whole engine area, i was wondering should i try and fix the leak or would it be easier and better to just put another ka24E in it? i’ll post some pics of it once i charge my camera so hopefully tomorrow.

sell to me for a winter beater :nod

body might be better than what youve got now…

haha, thats funny. cuz last i new i have 1 dent. and its only 1inch by inch. with no rust anywhere. think agian

seriously, Ka’es are a dime a dozen. no one realy wants one. you can find them alot of places. i would just swap it. but if you have the extra money just get a Ka DE motor and ECU. everything else is interchangable. besides the ps/ac stuff

Just swap in a SR20DET

thats the answer to everything

i think if i can find a ka’es i’ll jus swap it, don’t have alot of money or i would put a sr20 in it but i’m fighting an uphill battle with a ford probe right now, this 240 though does have some rust to it so it’ll be a decent project i think

oohhh so it just looks bad. i see

no the answer to everything is an lsx w a supercharger or 2 turbos and nitrous.

want to sell it?

Try and pick up a KA24E/DE mad cheap and swap that in. Then fix everything on the car so it’s reliable. THEN start thinking about engine swaps.

fuck engine swaps. Keep a KA in the car.

They are getting popular more so than sr20 for cetain apps.

They are easy to fix and you can go to napa for all their parts. get a twin cam KA throw that in there if you want down the road turbo the thing run 10lbs and drive it happily everyday

end story.

What’s the fun in that? :lol

ya, id rather order parts from hongkong/japan/other side of the world pay 4times as much and wait 3 weeks. ::slight_smile:

thanks for the ideas, if i can find a sohc around where i live i’ll swap the engine out.

or sell it to me.

hahah well the way my ford probe is going i might be driving the 240 this winter instead, fucking fords!!!

from the way it sounds it isnt the most reliable thing how it sits right now. you got it for free, now I’ll throw you some $ for it because we live in America.

Why not, everyone else in the US is on that tip… Plus it’s always a bonus sitting around with a car waiting for parts… Not only does it make it seem like you own an exotic- you can’t lose any races 'cause your $hit doesn’t function.

:lol