finally got my 240sx!!!!

well i finally got the car i have always wanted…traded my 1996 mazda mx6 with 265000kms on it for this 1993 240sx 5 speed ka24de super hicas with 156000kms on it its in pretty good condition …theres like 3 holes that need to be welded up on the body but that about it…dont know alot about the 240 yet but i have been reading up on it for a while now and learning as i go…i will be doing a sr20 swap next winter…as for this winter i plan to do the bodywork and paint…and suspension…possibly a body kit and litltle other things through out the summer…if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what i should do for upgrades to the car feel free to let me know…im slowly learning about the 240sx and more info would be awsome!!! thanks here are some pics of what im working with…

Congrats man!

nice buy man…be in touch if you need help with it !

good job bra

I looked at this car for my girlfriend earlier this summer!

Looks pretty good man. Have fun with it!

Take care of the rust, TAKE CARE OF THAT INTERIOR brown is so wrong), get some coilovers and brakes and please space those stock wheels out a little. hahahah. Everything else is optional. :slight_smile:

As for the ever popular swap, just do whatever you can afford to get that bitch turboed. 240’s with KA’s feel like different cars to Turbo 240’s. They just feel unfinished or broken in stock KA form. :slight_smile:

SR/RB/KAT/VQ/2JZ/1JZ/V8 whatever, just GET IT DONE as soon as you can man! ARE BEE cough hahahha.

looks like a good car, get black interior it will make you feel baller :slight_smile:

welcome and i hope to see you some time at track days.

werd up. It’s amazing how much difference it makes. Getting rid of that brown will make it feel like a new car for real.

(I’m selling a black leather interior. hahahah)

ronnie416- how much for the black interior???

slipperysilvia- i have already priced out all my suspension mods from you online store and i will definatly be shopping from it lol…ill probably come down to you when i have the money for everything and buy everything all at once!! looking to get everything thats on the suspension list for the s13 except the coilovers…wont be able to afford those right now:P

I have a small deposit on it right now. It’s been there for a few weeks. I’m told that he will pay for it in full by Thursday latest. If he doesn’t manage to get it to me, I’ll sell for CHEAP!

Here’s the thread.\

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49916

I’ve got 2 mint black dash’s for 50 dollars each, along with black doorpanels, glove box, dark grey carpet, headliner, and a-pillars.

everything for 140 bucks!

thats not a bad price at all!!! once i save the money i am definatly going with a black interior so when i get the money ill let you know if i havent found one yet…so i see your from union auto club…i was there in the summer time with my buddy dan…he got his mazda protege 5 calipers powdercoating from there…dont know if you were the guy we were talking to but yeah…i walked into that place and i was in heaven lol…

oh yeah and by the way these ka24de’s how long do they usually last??? like mine has 156000kms on it will it still go for like another 50-100k???not overly worried i just want it to last me through the summer…then i am doing the sr20 swap…

^^ are you from london? I think I saw you the other day.

I bought coilovers first, I would suggest that. Get the other stuff later, coils will give the best bang, instant joy haha

Properly taken care of, they can go forever. Literally.

Why the SR20 swap? My suggestion is to do your research on all motor option including staying with your existing KA with a turbo. I’m just sayin…it doesn’t HAVE to be an SR to make a good 240. There are many different options when it comes to these cars, that’s part of the fun factor of them. Good platform to start with, then, pick your poison so to speak. End of the day, it’s one big rolling money pit.

I’ve had 240’s with a KA24DE-T, SR20DET, KA24DE, KA24E, RB20DET and all of them were modded and all have their merits and cons.

Do some research and don’t just always go with what “you’ve heard” or seen on F&F. Npt saying you are, but I’m also…just sayin…especially don’t go with just what you read on THIS forum…ahahhaa.

Seriously, congrats and welcome to your new love.hate relationship with an inanimate object that will always put a huge dent in your bank account for as long as you own it.

Everytime I hit the track, it all becomes worth it though. It makes it even more worth it when I see a video or picture of it in action and get to relive it all over again and take it all in.

There are lots of different people who buy and mod cars for different reasons. Some do it for the bragging rights, some for the pussy, some for the ego and penis boost, some for boredom, some for the sheep effect, some for the F&F, some for the adrenaline, some for the sheer passion of driving a well put together package.

I do it for many reasons and have been fucking around with cars and bikes since 1997 but the main reason I do it is to experience the sheer driving pleasure and experience the culmination of a lot of money, time and effort all towards one thing…to HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! The feeling I get of nailing a perfect apex with a well setup car and the feeling of a new mod is not comparable to anything else. It can be better than sex. I’d rather go to the track with a car or a bike on a Sunday afternoon than I would bang the shit out of a hot girlfriend. No shit.

So yeah…point is…hahha…put an SR motor in if thats what you really want after exploring all other options…it’s the same as car selection. Pick the one you want because you KNOW that’s the one you want, not the one everyone else has.

nice car. Hope i see you at track. And ditto on the interior.

Well said, listen to this man…lol
But seriously, I’d advise that EVERYONE at the very least, try a day at the track, whether it be grip, drift, slalom, drag, whatever. I’ve personally only tried slalom (every other weekend), and drag (a handfull of times), but he’s right, there really isn’t any other feeling like it. I WILL try other forms of racing, drift, track, rally if I can, etc. I just have to pony up the dough to take a trip to the mainland.

Your plan to do the suspension first is huge, I’d really advise that you look into the brakes as well, while you’re doing the suspension. I’ve really enjoyed the suspension and braking mods on my cars even more than the power, for real.

For whatever reason, the majority of people that “mod” their cars never decide to actually take their upgraded cars to the track, and USE them. If you’re going to spend the whole winter upgrading your car, at least use it when it’s finished this spring. :smiley:

And seriously…it’s all worth it when you’re here:

Congrats…

I have a black interior fo sale, ill hook you up. text 289 688 6447, SUPA CHEAP!!!

+1

Also, get rid of that spoiler on your hatch… it’s made out of foam and retains water which equals rust lol. A new hatch can be had for cheap.

LOSE THAT SPOILER!

ugh, one of the many things that comes with a 240 that just urks me…

brown interior has GOT to go as well.

^ that was me too.