what to do?

I have a few options for this summer with the cash intake I will have.

#1-SR20DET complete swap
#2-KA24DET
#3-keep it KA and just do suspension and little things, ie intake headers exhaust b&m short shift

what should I do, I really only want to spend around 2000, 2500 max maybe, but if i were to go SR or ka24det then i would prolly make myself spend more to get it done right.?

any opinions welcome.

keep in mind that i am not all about racing or anything, of course i love speed i love turbo and the sr, but i gotta think reality first…im not gonna do up the car and take it to the track and race you know, its pretty much personal satisfaction with my car.

My vote is suspension. That will give you the biggest return and make your car the most fun to drive (with your budget)

yea…but id need to rebuild the ka its 250+ kms and it leaks oil…anyone know where i can get a rebuild or a swap done with a younger ka for a good price.

:roll: dude, with 2 grand how can you even think about modding a car that has problems under the hood.

first, get your car running properly… then, with whatever $ you have left, buy yourself a brain. :weaksauce:

i don’t mean to sound like a dick… i’m just being realistic.

you act like you’re in such a dilemma, when really, given your thin budget, you only have one option: get another KA.

buy an sr20det clip for 3500 and install it into your car ureself…best thing you can to do a 240 after suspension.

good points, so the vote so far is suspension and bolt on stuff…im thinking i want b&m short shifter, suspension, intake and exhaust…and just fix up the engine so its not leaking and make it run longer.

i would also do suspension / brakes… but if your motors in bad shape forget swapping in a new ka… buy the sr clip and swap one of those in there… no point in swapping twice, besidesbuy your clip from the right pwrson and it might have coilovers and a short shifter alredy, if ur lucky brakes too…but even the stock sr ones are better than urs haha

cool…well i guess does anyone know a good place with good prices where they would hook up a suspension system and maybe make a deal for like intake and exhaust and stuff like that?

Why ask for our opinions? You know you aren’t gonna do what we say :rofl:

as of right now i am doing number 3

ill wait until sr’s complete swap come down in price or something!!

some how i only see the price going up as everyone and their mother decides they need an sr… lol

its ultimatly your car, do whatever you will feel the most satisfied about doing. i personally did suspension first, but thats just me.

Exactly. I took suggestions and with limited funding and knowledge, I went
with suspension, brakes, and now finally engine. All over the course of 3 years.

i think u shuld get a exaust, and do suspension, but dont bother with intake or anything to do with ur ka engine if its not good…or just save up for sr front clip and swap it in with better front suspension/brakes :slight_smile:

cool thanks for the opinion, and why wouldnt I ask for opinions? If i didnt i would probably go do something stupid lol…but since everyone said suspension, I was beginning to lean more towards that. Thanks for the input, plus I don’t really have much experience with 240’s, so i thought it was better to hear from you guys who have the experience.

i think you should take out the engine cut a hole in your floor and go flintstones style!

yabadabadoooooo!

you s aid you are probably going suspension. but if you do decide to get a KA i have a 98 KA with 140 000 on it no leaks no timing chain noice runs good and doesn’t burn oil let me know if your interested

ka24det please

its definitely more original and challenging
plus, the ka performs just as well as the sr under boost in my opinion (lets not get started on this… there are plenty that disagree)