Suck it hyundai

I never was a Hyundai fan my self and maybe I never will be unless they actualy come up with something that will make me go “WoW!”

However Hyundai is playing their cards right!.. They don’t care so much about making high powered cars or high end luxury cars and stuff like that, Hyundai cares about supply and demand. Suppling the market with what is in demand.

With gas prices on the rizing and the economy in a crisis people need cheap cars, with good warranties, cheap on parts and repairs and good fuel efficiency, but at the same time the cunsumer wants the best bang for the buck so they trown in a few bells and wistles!

Hyundai is a good bang for the buck and being here in Europe I have seen models that are not available in NA yet and I must say they can keep up with most Jap cars in quality and effeciency.

Hyundai has also been reporting record sales the past few years while every one else is going in a slum. Check out these links:

I agree with most of what is being said here about hyundai getting better at building cars. But they do still have a ways to go. My wife has an 03 tiburon gt 5spd. I must say the car looks good. Seats are some of the best I have sat in, still considering putting some in my 240. Its at 140k now. The clutch fried at 120k, 15k after we got it. Do you believe the dealer wants almost $800 for the flywheel??? What the fuck were they thinking? Dual sprung or whatever its called, it can’t be ground fresh. Hyundai still has some major electrical gremlins to sort out. The power window motor commutator gets full of grease from the gearbox and stops working, fixed it 5 times now. Replaced the sunroof motor, replaced the trunk pop motor. Wipers keep coming loose. Replaced rear calipers. Replaced e-brake lines 2 times, still not holding very well. Calipers constantly sieze in the winter along with the e-brake lines freezing. Holy crap as im writing all this thats more than i’ve done with my 240 in the same amount of time. So as long as this new genesis has some of the bugs worked out then it looks promising.

Kia is owned by Hyundai, they run the same platforms.

Over your head and under your feet type deal.

glad people agree with me. I know the walmart example wasn’t the best but you guys got the point (I hope) . Some people should just not judge till they know what there talking about.

alot of people have their heads stuck up their ass in this thread, the genisis is a nice looking car for its price range and of course it cant compare with a 370, yah i drive a kia spectra5 yah its built on the same chasis as the tibby but lighter, i beat on the car daily b.c i just dont give a shit and the car is doing awsome

ps. hyundai/kia sales when up 14.9% in last year while all other companys are going down a shit hole, and the new GTR probably would not exsist if renoult didnt buy the company

/rant

i agree with Wongger. hit the nail on the head.

Hyundai is a different company than it was before. end of story. it’s like taking a band, and over the years every single member changes, but they keep the same name the whole time. that’s Hyundai. if you think of cars like the infamous Pony or the early Accents and shit like that…and compare it to what they’re making NOW…night and day. so anyone basing their assumptions of what Hyundai makes now on what Hyundai made before…you’re an ignorant tool. that’s like comparing a 1974 Civic to a 2009 Civic. again…night and day.

and someone was right in saying “think of where Nissan started.” think of where ALL the big asian companies started…it’s simply Hyundai’s time to “evolve” like all of the Japanese brands did at some point.

bottom line is, i’d buy a Genesis Coupe, or even a sedan if it had a stick.

shrugs

it’s not the FIRST car on my list…but i’d rock one.

and my girlfriend wants one really badly. lol

I cant wait for someone to throw v8 from the sedan into a coupe… automatic or standard i’d rock that thing so hard and rip 370z’s new assholes.

I drive a 1999 Hyundai accent. Total base model. didn’t even come with a radio or power steering. It now has well over 200,000 original km on it. doesn’t burn or leak a drop of oil or antifreeze and is in better overall condition than my friends 2000 maxima which cost 4x as much.

And I use it for delivery. I beat the shit out of it, park it into snowbanks, do big one wheel peels, have done a few accidental 3rd-1st shifts at high rpm and the fucker just keeps on trooping on.

My only thing with the genesis is its a hyundai - So it will most likely eat OEM clutches for lunch. Replace the flywheel/clutch with an aftermarket unit when they come out and you should be golden.

its all about gear ratios

which nissan typically gets right

…In other news, anyone checked Consumer Reports lately to see the Mustang’s ratings? I was a wee bit shocked.

less talk more videos

never once said my 240 was better. cause its not. everyone took this way outta hand.
i am saying that i personally don’t like Hyundai’s. sure i guess at that price range its a decent car. i wouldn’t buy it. some might. i wouldn’t buy a Kia ether but theres enough of them on the road.

when your poor and got nothing else then you gotta get whatcha gotta get.

calm down. its a video and an opinion. taker easy

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4306387.html

quite an interesting link

Wow ^^ thats very interesting. Its all about the name brand.

its easy to make a car faster then another…but fit and finish, interior material cost etc is where hyundai lacks i guess !

in most cases, you get what you pay for.

this thread is full of stupidity

Corrected.

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showpost.php?p=388234&postcount=17
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showpost.php?p=388526&postcount=51

2 posts + this post = 3 posts

3 ahmed posts VS 58 posts

Hmm…

Mark fails at real life, so he tries to be funny on an internet forum…but wait… THATS… OLD