Syclone/Typhoon Problems

I am setting up to buy a GMC Syclone, i realize some of you are “experts” on high performance GM trucks, and that theses particular machines were not engineered to great. So what do i look out for, and what do i do to prevent vehiclular self-destruction?

Truck I am looking at has an upgraded fuel pump, a hardwired intercooler fan, a boost controller, and auxilliary radiator fans. Once bought, i will be buying a front prop shaft, and a tranny cooler. Anything else?

dont they rust out pretty easy? exp. after 15 years… i say double check fron underneith where the moldings are on the outside… check the inside for rust. tranny problems also

dont know too much. but thats about all for me.

BLOW OFF VALVE!!

stock pressure relif valve suck donkey balls

pm boostjunkie he has had a few of these

10:4 on the rust, i’ll be checking door seals, and behind the ground effex. and the trannys are junk, thanks.

once i own it, i’ll call for a BOV. thanks

i would def upgrade the intercooler and charge piping

and dont waste your money on one of those pre made kits you can get ten times bigger intercooler and better pipes

elsewhere caugh 1st try

www.syty.net

Pewter has parts !!!

Blow off valve,bigger down pipe,bigger injectors,CAI and thats about it for u to be “safe” running mode all the time,so about low-mid 13’s with those mods and not a bad DD

Really no need for a BOV unless u get a turbo upgrade, you will just be wasting money with the stock turbo, the stock injectors and downpipe will get you into high 12s.

Stock injectors will NOT get u into the 12,s safetly as wel as the stock DP,too much knock and need tuned for that to be safe and consistent. Nice to have a bigger intercooler and more open exhaust as well as turbo timer or upgrade(however it is forthem).

http://www.sportmachines.com/maintenance/recipe1.php

http:WWW.IKNOWREALTIMEPEOPLEWHOHAVETHEMANDMODTHEM.COM:rolleyes:

http:WWW.IKNOWREALTIMEPEOPLE/WHOHAVETHEM/ANDMODTHEM/FYI.COM:rolleyes:

HTTP:iknowpeoplewhohavethem

andmod/runthem/FYI.com

:stick:

well the truck has
40k miles
AC delete
Upgraded Fuel pump
“Ultimate” chip
Boost Controller
Stock turbo
Hardwired intercooler fan
auxilliary electric fans
auxilliary boost gauge
lower thermostat

is what i know so far, im gonna try to drive out this weekend to see it.

That’s good that it has the ultimate chip already installed, its one of the best chips, plus they recently stopped making them so there really hard to come by.

I just talked to the guy, he said it has a GM Crate long block, with the stock top end. there is some damage to one of the wheels from winter driving, but 15 years old with 40k miles is pretty good. hs says the tranny shifts smooth and firm, there is no surface rust, but the lower front bumper has 2 cracks. ohh he said that the long block now has 2k miles on it, so it was rebuilt at 38k miles.

so buy it, or pass it up??? hes askin a couple hundred above bluebook.

junk

sounds like a decent deal, I always like the syclones

what sthe price he is asking???