THE **iPhone** Thread (GPS, JailBreak, Apps, Etc)

yeah thats what i worried about the startup shit that gets loaded.

^don’t forget about safari and quicktime too lol

(and itunes, bonjour, apple mobile device, etc)

what?

what does safari have to do with itunes?

Kill the startup stuff it puts in currentversion/run in your registry and disable the bonjour service and it doesn’t seem to slow down your machine.

Itunes bitches about bonjour the first time it opens after disabling the service but you can tell it to STFU. Still connects to my iPhone just fine.

it’s bundled with itunes along with quicktime

what does bonjour even do? It’s always asking to get around the firewall, but it get’s denied

edit: N/m

The internet is an amazing tool.

Update: since my main thread with Cydia and AppStore apps are gone, I am just going to post that SMSNotify is out on Cydia. It scans your phones message database (SMS and Voicemail) when your phone comes out of sleep mode(to check mail or resync with the cell tower) for new messages.

Vibrates 3 times for SMS and 2 times for Voicemail

Update 2: How is my ATT rant the first thread of the iPhone App post? Nice editing Fry :lol:

-karma for not knowing how to link

Is this an app for unlocked phones?

Cydia is the installer you get when you JAILBREAK. Unlock is hardware. If my first thead was posted with my iPhone FAQ it would describe the difference.

Right, that’s what I meant. Sorry for the incorrect usage.

Just wanna make sure we were on the same page. Some people are convinced that when you jailbreak, you can put your phone on any network.

lol better?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)

I may decide to pwn mine after 2.0.2 comes out tomorrow…

Indeed. Should be out tonight once they test installer app with the pwntool. Can finally update to 2.0.1 too :slight_smile:

http://i35.tinypic.com/vfeo5.png

Hahaha

:lol: ouch

Fuck that guy, I hope he never gets his money back.

The price is clearly on the app, the app stores forces you to enter your password and accept the purchase, at which point it again shows you the price.

“I jokingly clicked buy”

And the vendor jokingly charged you. End of story.

:lol:

What a genius idea for the developer to make over $5,000 in 24 hours legally.

1. Make app that does nothing but say I am Rich
  2. Send to Apple to sell for max price on iTunes
  3. Profit

PwnageTool 2.0.2 released.

http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/129

1. Download the 2.0.1 FW update from within iTunes.
  2. Google Bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 and download them.
  3. Run Pwnage 2.0.2.
  4. Select your iPhone type.
  5. Click the big arrow at bottom.
  6. Select the FW that it finds.
  7. Click the big arrow at bottom.
  8. Click on the Build Custom FW at bottom.
  9. Click the big arrow at bottom.
  10. Select where you want to save the custom FW (I choose Desktop).
  11. Enter your password when prompted.
  12. Then follow the prompts to properly reboot your iPhone to prepare for the flashing.

Once done, close the Pwnage tool and go back to iTunes which should have detected your phone in Restore mode. Click okay to that message then make sure you press the alt/option key while you click on the Restore button on iTunes. If you don’t then you’ll just update your phone to 2.0.1 with no pwnage. Okay, once you alt/option click Restore, find your custom FW and select it and that’s it.

Not that hard.

I was browsing through some available 2.0 native apps and I still don’t see anything worth jailbreaking for. Where is a video app? Better camera?

Also, when you jailbreak do you loose your iTunes functionality, ie music transfer and all that? Remote app functionality?

I’m just not feeling the jailbreak just to have some NES emulator…