THE **iPhone** Thread (GPS, JailBreak, Apps, Etc)

you know, they should stop making 10492894832 apps to show u where shit is, and just make a real GPS for the damn thing.

Truth.jpg

Kev, you do understand there are multiple “theys” right? It’s not like Apple is writing all these apps for the iPhone, which is why you get duplicates. Competition > *.

“They” as in Apple need to release the 2.1 firmware that will have the procedure calls for getting direction and speed from the GPS before “they” the app developers can do any sort of navigation. Apple has stated turn by turn is a priority, but the 2.0.1 fireware bugfixes had to come out first. Now that 2.0.1 is out I’m sure 2.1 is a high priority.

Ohh, im still learning all of this, i need to actually get the phone soon too, gotta sell my dash first.

I actually cant wait for this, lol

new pwnage tool to be released today
according to the unlock/jailbreak dev team, DO NOT upgrade to 2.01 firmware yet… wait to use the pwnage tool to load a custom .ispw otherwise you may run into problems in the future if you ever plan on unlocking/jailbreaking

http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/news/278251-pwnagetool-2-0-2-installer-4-soon.html

wtf this is getting confusing and i dont even have the fucking thing yet.

Bah, I already upgraded.

Anyone else hear about this “Blacklist” App? that’s not the actual name of the App, but I was told it’s basically a hidden area of the phone for discrete text messages/pictures/whatever else from people who you don’t want certain individuals to know about when they look through your phone.

stay up to date in the unlocking scene here.
http://www.modmyifone.com/cmps_index.php

They have pretty much any info you ever wanted to know about the phone, along with software/tool downloads among other things. Also have native iphone/touch application section where devs will announce new software and such.

great resource imo, but the interface stinks

on the appstore?

Someone made a program like this a while back for jailbroken phones… I wonder if it’s the same author

umm am i going to be required to put shittunes on my PC???

I don’t think it’s on the appstore, at least I haven’t found it. A girl that works in the cell department at BB told me about it.

sadly, yes (to activate the phone, you need itunes)

If you don’t want it on your primary machine, just setup a small second partition and dual boot 2 copy’s of windows, and use the small one for itunes and any other software for “testing” or just junk you don’t want on your primary install.

I tried using VirtualPC for this, but it doesn’t communicate well via USB. VMWare might work, but never tried it.

Jesus christ

lol tell me about it.

like I said, just setup a second partition and forget about it. It’s great for testing new software for application conflicts and shit, along with itunes. It would be nice to have everything in a VM environment though

u still looking for a HDD?

yeah, actually… did you find that one?

yeah but i forgot to get the size lol

lol shoot me a txt when you get home

:lol:

Or you could just install it and be done with it. It’s not like you’re not going to be using it to sync your music, videos, backup the phone and push down updates.

I’m not a big fan if itunes either, but once you disable a bunch of the startup crap it installs it’s not like it’s a resource hog when it’s not running.

shrug different strokes for different folks