The "Oil Prices" thread.

I have said this before as well, “Drive less.”
If you eliminate 1 out of 20 trips (5%) gas prices will come down.
It is the easiest way to help.

well if the federal reserve didnt exist and gold and silver was still the only legal tender it would be alot cheaper. The wall street journal posted an atricle where it showed a graph that showed the increase in the cost of oil in every major currency over the last 30 years. For most of the currencies it rose sharply, (obviously), but in gold it stayed flat

If I thought for a second it was a lost cause I’d be voting for Hillary and trying to get the troops home tomorrow. But do a search for posts by cougarspeed and see that we really are making progress over there. Hell, what he’s been talking about is actually starting to get coverage in the mainstream media now, who a month ago were on the “unwinable war” bandwagon. It might have been NBC News but I know someone was running a promo this weekend for a big story about how these insurgents are now going to work for us over there (pretty much exactly what cougarspeed was talking about months ago).

If we can stabilize that region it is in our best interest.

Global politics is a joke. They only reason one country steps in and helps another is because they have something to offer or something we want. You don’t see countries jumping to help Darfur do you?

Is that really so wrong though? Unless you’re a serious global threat (see Germany, 1930) why should another country get involved in your mess? If we have nothing to gain by stabilizing Darfur why should we get involved?

I know people hate Bush but I think he might be appreciated decades from now.
Not sure, just sayin.

It is if you have the means to help someone else. We have for the most part wasted Billions of dollars and lives and still have very little to show for it with the Iraq War. We also went in uninvited. The people in that country and begging for help. We could have spent a fraction of the amount to fix that country and actually do something positive with what is considered the worlds greatest country (not for long though).

Compare Vietnam with Iraq. The same questions are being asked. When do we leave? How much can we actually do? How much are we willing to spend?

anyone order a pizza lately?
Cost of flour doubled, cost of wings doubled.
Pizza places are getting 20 + for a half tray and 20 wings.

i think maybe we should try listening to our enemies, o shit i must be a terrorist

wtf are you talkin about, pizza from santoras has been 11 bux since i was fuckin 12

Christ at 11$ a large pie is like 9$ max normally.

but either way everything is being affected by the man made gas crunch.

i saw something in the abley (lovejoy newpaper) the bakery but some article in saying in the last 5 weeks flour doubled them today it doubled again and america is running out of flour because we are exporting it all WTF we cant feed our own people stop getting rid of all our countrys food isnt that what we pride ourselves on farming. now most of the people farming grain are switching to corn for ethenol and we still are low this country is going in the shitter were being pulled in to many different directions

Pasquales $14. But it’s the best.

first of all, santoras is amazing and i will pay 11 dolars for their amazing pizza, second of al, 9 dollars max? ya if you go to little ceasars and pay 5 bux for a so called “large” pizza that 1 person could eat and still be hungry. Im talking about a LARGE pizza

same owners

No we wouldn’t.

We can’t keep cutting interest rates…that’s what crushes the dollar

:uhh:

No man, every pizza joint around the falls is about 9$ max for a Large pizza.
Dominos and little ceasers and pizzahut do NOT count as pizza joints.

but thats besides the point, the point was stupid stuff is becomign more expensive to enjoy because oil companys want to play monopoly with real cash.

truth, you also cant just make more money because you want it there has to be some sort of value behind it

the cooking oil for the wings/fryer went from like $12 to $37 too.