Oil

No one is talking about oil per barrel at over $100 at closing?? Discuss.

4$ a gallon for regular this summer.
Meanwhile I’ll probably be enjoying high test with my 3.73s or 4.11’s.

yep, if not $4.25-4.50 for regular. watch the economy crumble.

Bah, gasoline is much higher (even per liter) in Europe than here and they still function fine. Granted, Eurpope has much better public transportation but for the most part, they are fine.

Europe is also alot smaller than the US.

Just beautiful :frowning:

Can’t wait to put the good stuff in my big block 4:11 geared Camaro this summer :slight_smile:

greeeeat :tdown:

…and smaller, fuel efficient cars are the norm rather than the exception, and much more of the population lives where public transportation is a viable option.

High fuel prices arent directly a concern for me personally, but their effect on the prices of all goods and services can be quite significant.

One extra pay check over a summers worth of driving to cover the increase. Big deal.

People love to whine and complain.

sure if you drive a 4 cylinder it will. try driving something that actually makes power then that comment doesn’t get far.

ps. company paid work van FTW

I filled my car up twice last summer. <_<

Thank the fed for dropping interest rates yet again, further de-valuing the dollar, which oil is traded against.

We really need to trade in on a better Jew to run the economy. :wink:

What autocross class is a Prius in anyways?

i <3 only driving 3 miles to work

true… as it is, I already spend on average $100 a week on gas. This wont help

God do I miss .99c/gal gasoline

its only going to get worse

Opec would like to cut production to keep the pricing power at $100.00 plus. It is starting to effect the world economy though. These are the levels at alt. energy get money due to alot of speculators in the market.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aVctDSlLYWPA&refer=home

could mean some crazy shit in the next few years. Should be interesting. Either Venezuela is getting taken over, Some Sheiks are going to eat a bullet or you’ll see some intense development in alternate fuels.

Insight!

There was also a fire in a Texas refinery which caused the spike per barrel.