Oil

TDI FTW! :poke:

3.90’s :frowning:

If I had to pay for gas I would care, until then whatever :slight_smile:

BTW I enjoy averaging 14 mpg comfortably …

i dont like driving 65 miles one way to work everyday :frowning: i know im that guy that had to buy a house way out

the price of gas effects more than just your commute…

Oh just imagine the wonders a CVT could bring to an event.

some people have more to worry about then buying beer and dirty magazines

12000 miles a year @ 20mpg means a difference of $50 a month when comparing $3/gallon gas with $4/gallon gas.

Clearly something people can easily absorb if they haven’t stretched their budget too thin. Get a few less channels of TV, get a slightly smaller cell phone plan, stop opting for the fastest internet connection etc.

If you’re driving more than that, or getting less MPG than that these were your choices. Move closer to work/school or get a vehicle with great gas mileage.

What scares me is how much $4/gallon may increase prices at the supermarket.

OPEC has stated they don’t want $100/barrel oil either, because at that price it’s profitable to get oil from places where you can’t just pump it straight from the ground.

Or what $100/barrel will do to the price of anything made of plastic.

I’ll probably drive 10k miles this summer, if its like last summer.
hmmm 11.5:1 with 4.11’s
I should see around 6 - 8 mpg which is like 5000$ worth of gas

Do you have a point? I hope you’re not looking for pity because you’re driving some gas hog @6mpg. It’s all about choice and you’ve choosen that vehicle.

I’ve got a GTO and an Expedition. You’ll never see my crying about my gasoline bill because it was my choice to have those vehicles. You might see me talking about trading the Expedition earlier than I planned if gas gets over $4 though. I’m much more concerned about how many other products we use that are indirectly affected by the cost of gas.

the gto i can understand, but why did you go for a land island??? omg those huge abortions of suv, AHHHHHH…

ot i kno =)

Yeah I have a point, your 20mpg was Way off.
Yes, it was my choice to have a car I enjoy for the summer.
It still dosen’t justify the retarded raise in gas prices, because some oil company claims that 150million dollars profit isnt enough.

Its bullshit musclecars are barly starting to come back and here we go with ANOTHER MAN MADE gas crunch.
This time last year I was in southern texas on business.
High test was 205 a gallon, so yeah aint shit changed enough for a 2$ increase.

Towing a boat and hauling lots of stuff. Plus, at the time I bought it gas was <2$/gal so the difference between a mid sized SUV (the minimum that will meet my utility needs) and a full sized was negligible. If I was buying again today I’d go mid sized, but as we’ve shown in other threads trading in a paid off well running vehicle just for a few MPG better gas mileage is NEVER a good financial decision.

Fixed. :slight_smile:

As for my 20MPG being way off, it’s not. It’s a very reasonable number for people to be getting. YOUR CHOICE was to drive some 8mpg car 10000 miles in a summer. Hell, I just got back from a 800 mile trip this weekend and my 400HP GTO managed to average 21 mpg. Lots of highway but a decent amount of 2 lane country road driving too. And I’d hardly consider my car a gas miser.

If their profit was 150 million the cost of oil would be a touch higher.

Exxon’s net income was 9.4 billion last year. In the just the third quarter.

I can walk to school since it’s right next door and work is 2 miles give or take :slight_smile:

Nice gas savings and the ability to Not need a gym membership.
You have the best of both worlds.

Indeed. The walk never hurts and I actually have a gym at work so that’s an added bonus.

Work is 15 miles away.

I get 2 weeks per tank.

18 gallon tank.

Not to shabby. considering the other driving I do.

You’re trying to describe the mona lisa to someone who blindfolded themselves.

:gotme: