Tips for breaking fasteners loose

PB BLASTER

good write up!

Just google it, it’s mostly used in aviation. It works well, but I can’t think of a situation where AeroKroil would of gotten something loose (combined with other tatics) when PB wouldent of gotten it loose.

Added one to the list

pjb blaster

We’re trying to break fasteners loose-not the car in half.

http://www.3sx.com/store/catalog/fluid-bg-inforce-penetrating-fluid-02-200.jpg

hands down the best stuff i have ever used… it will get foamy once it contacts rust and stay “stuck” to the bolt until it eats the small layer of surface rust. once it stops foaming the bolt is ready to go… i think you can only buy it online and it is worth every penny

I like the idea that it foams and sticks to it, may have to give this one a try

castle products ,thrust is a great pnatrant it basically is what the b-g products use for there oil

yes you are correct… but i’m not sure who makes their in-force… i’ve never seen any other product foam and stick to a nut like this stuff does… we switched over to it over pb blaster cause it works better/faster.

what do you do with the valve grinding compound???

Apparently apply to tip of screwdriver to help it get more “grip” and bite into worn phillips head screws? I’ve never tried it, but that’s what it seems like he’s talking about.

It works VERY well man.

Interesting.

I’m still a mega fan of the impact screwdriver for any Phillips that is stuck. Frankly there really is no alternative to get those rotor retaining screws out.

Impact screwdriver > *

Rivet gun with knocker tool like I posted>>>>>>Impact screwdriver, trust me:)

yeah but who has a rivet gun??? lol.

Air hammer works fine, 20 bucks at Lowes

The rotor retaining screws can be taken care of in about 45 second each with a drill. I do it all the time because the impact driver bits break every other time they get used!

I’m willing to bet I could get these rotor screws with a speed handle and valve grinding compound…

Speed handle>screwdriver for breaking shit loose

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/95/9b/Stanley_L_Speed_Handle_Shop_Tools-resized200.jpg