Totaled.

Thanks for the well wishes.
I personally am OK, as is the other driver. No injuries is always a plus in accidents.

I was driving up Jacob’s St. in Troy, NY, at about 4:45. I am looking for 15th street, so my eyes are on road signs. Stop signs line the road around me. Every offshoot street has a stop sign. I see two roads ahead, one up a hill, and one directly ahead. Having seen stop signs on all previous roads, I proceed through the intersection. In the intersection, I look down and see double yellow lines. I know instantly I’m on 15th Street. I look left, and there’s a car hitting me. She strikes me in the front fender, and I strike her as I spin, sending her off the street.

I get out of my car, leaking oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid and anything else you can think of all over the road. Smoke plooms from under my car. I go over to her, to make sure she is ok, and she gets out of the car. We talk, as a bystander calls the police.

The road I came out of was a one way street, I was going in the opposite direction. The officer who arrives first gives me a ticket for going the wrong way, so naturally, only seeing the one way sign at the top of the road where I crashed, I ask to see the DO NOT ENTER sign, since there legally needs to be one, as not every driver knows Troy inside and out. There is none. The officer takes the ticket back, and rips it in half, cursing out his Troy. I lol’d a bit, this was the only funny part of my day.

I am at fault, but if it works out, this may be deemed to be the City of Troy’s fault. A new DO NOT ENTER sign went up a few hours after the accident.

We’ll see what happens with it all.