Transmission rebuild options

Does the service advisor look like Santa clause?

Northeastern has done some crazy things…

Its just a 722.6 trans, the same type Chrysler uses in the Jeep SRT8 etc.

They’re a pretty common trans. You can get a built one for that 5k.

any trans shop will pull and rebuild a 722.6 .

There are several good tranny shops in buffalo, amco , continential, e.t.c. The dealer IS going to bring it to them anyway, trust me I know…

Dealer is willing to cover 30% of cost, so $1590 off.

That still leaves me at $3710 if I go through them, aka, still no dice.

Sounds like time to get a lawyer ;)…

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Hey MB, send me that 30% in cash and i’ll have blackforest do the work :wink:

Problems over.

This bitch is sold

What is the replacement going to be?

There is an older guy with a CLS63 AMG who ran his car at Lancaster & I told him to look for your car around town… guess not anymore.

In for seeing the replacement :tup:

I hear it might be a Prius

maybe he made a straight trade for a smart car at the dealership

Who picked it up, im assuming they got a smoking deal because of the transmission

Wait so when you buy a car that is 70k+ new its expensive to fix?

I had cheaper options, sure, but the point was to get the dealer to pay up. Since they only offered 33%, I said f it and sold it. Buyer flew in from Florida to take a crack at the fix.

As for replacement vehicle, slight downgrade but plenty tolerable.

fuck man, lmk next time. my dad’s got a lift, and tranny jack at his house with $750k in just tools. I pulled the tranny in my 996 there last year, shit fucking SUCKS!

edit: forgot you’re “automatic.” automatic german transmissions are probably a bitchass, good call.

AMG CLK63 black series?!?!?!?!

Scott I just read through this again and i’m bummed for you man. It’s also bullshit that shortly after dealer work it shits the bed on you. Correlation? I think so.

If it were me I would have demanded it be fully covered or burnt down the place.

Happy it worked out for you I guess. Do tell on the ‘slight downgrade!’

Jonny B’s M

Nice upgrade!