Looking for a transmission shop

anyone know of a good transmission shop around Rochester/Buffalo?

I need mine rebuilt this week if possible lol. I’ve tried aamco and bucholtz in amherst/tonawanda but they didn’t come through.

In Rochester I know a few good tranny people. Auto or Manual?

PMed you

replying now :tup:

its a 5 speed manual from a 07 cobalt ss/sc

an 07 and u need it rebuilt already?

Competition Transmission in NT is highly recommended.

Also Continental in OP is always being recommended here.

If you’re doing the kind of beating on it that caused an 07 to already blow I’d suggest Competition, and ask them what they can do to beef it up. I think Continental is more about stock rebuilds.

I had some work done at Competition Transmission and they were quick to point out that the design of the clutch plates in the stock Expedition rear diff was horrible and rebuilt it with a newer design that should be more reliable.

yeah, 2nd gear always had a slight grind and it progressively got worse. I was driving throught the tolls to the 290, shifted into 2nd, grinded hard and that was the end of it…basically it was stuck in whatever gear the car was started in. I drained the fluid and it looked like purple metallic paint with all the metal shavings in it :lol:

so yesterday i dropped the trans and its sitting in my living room now waiting to be rebuilt lol

I recommended Continental in OP, cousin owns the shop, very good guy to work with.

They do mostly stock jobs considering they are a traditional shop, but upon request they will beef up transmissions as well

Honestly I don’t beat on the car that much. I’ve never launched it or tracked it, it’s just always been clunky into 2nd and it just got worse over the past few weeks…but I really do want to beef it up bit.

if its an 07 dont you have a warranty?

that was my next question

modified probably.

over mileage

:word:

good timing for this thread actually.
I need some mounts replaced, and I don’t feel like doing it.
now that i have some extra cash… may be the time to get it done.

For the f35 transmission there are special tools for casing removal. Talk to russ licata at his shop on walden across from swerve as I believe he put an LSD into his old tranny. As far as beefing it up I don’t really think there is much if anything available.

Here’s and update…I took the trans to a shop in Roc…they didnt look at it after having it for a week, so i took it apart myself. 5th gear had a chunk missing and a tooth missing on the syncro.

So I went to Paddock and you can’t order parts for these transmissions, very aggravating. I ended up just ordering a brand new trans and should have it mid this week. So a month later I should be able to drive my car haha

OT, how much was the trans?

List is $1800, I got it for around $1500

that sucks man. no 5yr/100K on the SS? did you ever complain about it when you had it serviced under warranty? I have a 05 ZX3 with 27K on it lol.