A good Trans. shop

I’m looking for a good tranny shop close to NT where I won’t get raped. I screwed my tranny up and I don’t feel like working in the snow / cold to fix it. So I’m wondering if anyone knows anyone, or could recommend a decent place.

buckhultz on sheridan did an awesome job on my tranny on my mx6 back in the day.

Thanks for the reply. . . Thats the second good thing I’ve heard about them.

no problem man goodluck :tup:

all I can say is good luck. If you are looking for a GTP trans I strongly reccomend looking on the GTP forums and find out who is good. IF you have plans to make big power.

Competition Transmission in NT. Used to be on Main, now on Erie Ave.

+1

Yeah, there’s a guy in Roc. that is supposed to be good with the GP transmisions. If you have the money, get a mild built one from ZZPerformance, or Morad Parts Company. Here’s a link to his EBay Store;

http://stores.ebay.com/MORAD-PARTS-COMPANY

whats trans, and what do you need done, hold up to.

4T65E . . . I’m not 100% sure whats wrong but Im leaning towards TC. I posted in other forums and everyone else said the same thing. The only gear I have is park. It would have to be something that would kill every gear such as the TC or IS. . . or maybe the pump. I just don’t feel like messing with it and I know if I take it someplace its going to cost me big time, but at the same point, I don’t really care. If its the TC I can do it in a few hours, I’ve had my engine in and out so many times its nothing to do that anymore. I just don’t have a garage to do it in anymore. . .

i’ll probably get bashed for this, but ive had 0 problems getting turbo 350’s and powerglides done by Slipco

link?

do you have fuild flow? you scanned it?

If you lost everything my money is on a pump. That happened to my second transmission at lancaster. when TC’s go bad they usually make a lot of noise.

When it went I was under hard excel, it slipped as it shifted from 1st to 2nd and “popped” once it grapped whatever was slipping and now I have nothing. Thats the only noise it made too, no metal banging around or anything. I was able to coast a mile to work then get her towed home. Its been slipping for a while only in between shifts (either up or down only when my foot was to the floor). Prolly part of the reason I havn’t worked on it as well, I’m not sure what it is. Its all in the same general area. . . but it looks cold out there :ohnoes:

if it were a SHO you just described pump failure. the greatest load is on the pump furring shifting. I can only assume the pump is inline with the input shaft. can you get the side pan off the transmisssion easily?

Correct me if I’m wrong (Jonny or Shawn) but that would seem like the IS snapped. The guy in Rochester that a few unycgp guys went to seems like the guy to call up and see if he will do yours.

It was more like a “pop” not a snap though. I think if it was something metal it would of made all sorts of noise. Plus I don’t think the shaft would allow it to slip. Either the shaft is broke or not. . . MY guess is either TC or pump.

Stock IS will break when shocked. Plus you should be making decent power with the set up you have. IS and Chain are usually the first things to go with power. Either way, single chain and hardened IS are a must when you rebuild. Other wise your just wasting money.

Scan to see if you have IS rpm

Screw them! RTR on millitary is the best! Joe why would u say comp. when RTR built your trans?

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Competition, would recommend them to anyone