A good Trans. shop

I put the better chain in when I did the gear ratio change. I’ll have to check to see if I can scan IS rpm. Thank-you

bucholtz on sheridan is an honest shop.

They fixed an electrical connection on my transmission that was acting up, when another shop said they wanted to rebuild the trans.

Total cost 40 dollars.

Another time they put a new cooler line on my car, and the guy didn’t charge me anything.

So does this mean you will actually race people once you get your trans. fixed?.. :lol:

what is the IS? input shaft?

honestly i’m suprised I havent snapped a chain on my car. I thought that would have been the weak link for sure.

Sup greg…Buchholtz did my Z34 tranny for a reasonable price. RTR has also done about 3 others for me as well as all the small tranny work when I worked at the shop. Either shop is great. I have heard both praise and horror stories from comp though.

I have never heard a bad thing about Competition Transmission in NT.

I only race cars that are slower then me

I called Competition about changing out my chain to change the ratio last year, they said “why would you want to do that?” and they didn’t think it was possible. I don’t think I’ll call them back.

I can’t tell you the number of arguements i’ve had with people about that topic.

I only race cars that are slower then me

is that why we havent raced yet?

edit: :rx3:

:ohyeah:

take a line off… start car. do you have fuild flow?

scan it… with engine rpm in D… do you get IS rpm… do you get OS RPM??

park isnt a gear.

I can attest to that. He challenged me. Shit he’d probably beat me with him going in reverse. However, i’ll take your challenge…Tomorrow 4pm. Bet i’ll win.

P = Park. . . Its an option on the center console, therefore its a gear in my book.

I haven’t scanned for that crap yet. My laptop is retarded and only works when it wants to. Thanks for the info, I’ll jump on that right away.

Yes the IS means Input Shaft.

They do awsome work, just like rtr, just way overpriced. My friend had an 86 iroc so did I, both of us had the same shit done him at comp, me at rtr. His pride was over 1200, mine was 850.
So Far Russ at RTR has done my 86 & 67 camaros, 67 nova, 2003 duramax (when it was new i had a shift kit put in it), 01 durango, 93 regal, 94 villiager, 89 iroc, 87 gn, and more i forgot i owned 2 many cars. But all have been awsome, and the built up ones i beat on and they dont miss a tick.

I have seen and heard other. Only trans shops i trust would be comp and rtr. The rest say 1 thing and do other. How do you know what they did inside your trans? Amco by far the worst.

What an ass hole…guess I’ll never be calling them for transmission service. Close minded people kill me.

yeah tell me about it. I told him I had the crap right in front of me. Even told him it was made by Borg. . . He still didn’t believe me.

Ok, so, I scanned it and this is what I came up with.

Before I start the car it (my laptop) says im in “Gear 3”. After I start it, it says its in “Gear 1”, no matter what gear I put it in (P,R,N,D,3,2,1) it says 1. The OSS flickers alittle, but for the most part stays on ‘0’. ISS never moves from ‘0’. Now what? :shrug:

I had my shift kit installed at Competition Transmission. I was very pleased. It took them longer because my shift kit had a bunch of extra parts. He still charged me what he quoted me before the install. I also got a set of 9 bolt gears. They were nice enough to inspect them and tell me not to waste my money and find a new set. I’d go back again.