TRANNY SHOP????

anyone know any good tranny shops? or anyone real good with transmissions? end of last year i was grinding going into 4th after i just put in brand new carbon coated syncros. im not sure if the sleeve on the gear is shot causing the syncro to go fast and it to grind, or i just burned out a syncro fast. any help would be appreciated

Try Competition Transmission in N.T. I don’t know how familiar they will be with your tranny, but it won’t hurt to ask.

cool ill check them out. anyone else too?

Why not hybrid, hooked up my tranny just fine.

looking for someone that knows the depths of transmissions and what he or she is looking for. if don wants to tackle this then he can if hes comfortable with building transmissions.

:wink: not a problem

Wholesale Transmissions in lancaster has done a few for me, i’ve always been happy with thier work

http://www.levelten.com/

please dont

I heard DJ Nick was a fucking wizard with Honda transmissions. You might want to give him a call.

kevin. the shit is easy. DIY, but you are layzie… so call me or take it somewhere else. :slight_smile:

and if the axles don’t go in use a bigger hammer!

me and turbociv tore it apart. seems to be the wrong syncro that was in it. now i have to track down the people that sold the parts to me or the people that put it together, and see who to blame. because it ended up screwing up my collar. the new syncro isnt even worn down it just never fit

Why?

I myself never had a problem with them.

because it took them 2+ weeks to rebuild my transmission, the parts supposedly ‘‘never came in,’’ and they never seemed to know when they would arrive. and not more than 2 days after i paid them with my cc did a mysterious charge show up for an $800 online purchase, coincidentally with the same cc that i used to pay for my transmission.

not sure weather to take that as a compliment or an insult. Because that axel seriously just “tapped” right in. That diff was indeed flawed though. aka, not the fault of the install.

Have you used them before? This is what I want done with my tranny.

I almost had them build an auto tranny for my other Z. So no, but at the time I did a lot of checking them out and everything I found out was great. They’re highly recommended in the Z community. The guy everyone talks to over there is Pat. :tup:

Yes the cheap diff was shit…and the hammer got the axle in, that is all.

AAMCO (all automatics must come out) hahaha i know someone who works at the one on sheridan. he does awesome work, but he often jokes about other employees being total hacks, and not knowing a damn thing.