Built Mustang Transmissions

Where could I buy a built transmission for my car? By built I mean something already with gears, better clutch, flywheel and other stronger internal parts. Come fall I will be looking to purchase one. Thanks in advance!

Did you cut off a synchro ?

I’m sure u know but just incase the gears are in the rear end? I’m assuming you meant stronger gears internally inside the tranny.

I’ve heard good things about Hoss’s gear shop near Mount Pleasant

Why will you be needing a replacement? What are you planning? That may help to point you in the right direction

No he probably cut off the shifter for shorter shifts

Yeah I know gears are in the rear end I was referring to the gears internally lol. But thanks for the look. Does “Hoss’s” Sell built transmissions?

Well 2nd gear is grinding, took it to a shop they said its prob the syncro. Got a quote on the repair at somewhere around 800 bux. I figured I might as well buy a built/stronger tranny so in the future when I mod it, the tranny will hold up.

ttt

is it B&B or D&D?call laural mt stang & ask for Lou! 724-696-9665 he’ll know

B&B or D&D being the name of the place? Thanks!

yes,call & ask lou what its called!

Just order a Tremec. you’re going to drop close to $2500-$3000 for a built transmission, bellhousing, shifter, clutch, and flywheel for a stock car.

stop shifting like an asshole and im sure a stock transmission will do fine for you.

x2 TKO-600

D & D Performance (248-735-6220) sells parts & complete transmissions. Hoss’ Gear Shop (724-423-6502) is very reputable, too.

Your trans prolly just needs synchro keys/blocker rings, because someone has missed a few shifts. The blocker ring tips get worn & then make it tough to get into gear. If the transmission is quiet, then you just need these parts (if it is noisy, you need bearings, too). Easy/cheap to fix, but not for the novice. I’ve done it many times in T5’s & T56’s.

Fuck you, I dont shift like an asshole. The trans has 90k on it, and yeah I pretty much daily drove it learning how to drive a 5speed. Now that Im pretty good at driving I dont miss shifts…The occasional 3rd gear while racing or whatever, but who doesnt…

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

I’m pretty sure they don’t make them since Mustangs are incapable of making enough horsepower to need a transmission made from anything other than balsa wood.

added horsepower of no cut off exhaust did it.

my buddy had a tko 400 i think… it was rough as hell shifting at first but it got better. id say just rebuild it yourself with a good teacher. maybe a couple hundred. if it doenst work out then oh well your out a couple hundred better then droppin 3 g’s for a tranny when youd ont need it

lol. didn’t you say this problem happens why trying to slam 2nd gear on steel city stangs??

I’m sure you probably drive like an asshole in it. learning to drive a stick doesn’t fuck up a transmission. it fucks up a clutch. plenty of people learn on high mileage 5spds and they are fine.

you ask for an opinion and you’re getting one. you don’t NEED a built transmission for a car that’s only mod is half an exhaust. a T45 is good for about 400+ whp. get yours fixed and buy the rest of your exhaust with the savings

I take all input, but dont need the bullshit that comes with it. Ill be the first to admit Im not the best driver, or know everything about cars, this is why I ask questions like these. The reason why I was thinking about getting another transmission was because the shop I took it to quoted me 800-1000 bux for labor/parts…I can pick up a full transmission with wayyy less miles for around that price…

then here is an honest opinion.

go to www.corral.net and look in the classifieds there for a t45. you should be able to come up with one for a few hundred bucks.

the cost of swapping a different kind of transmission in is alot of money.

you wont need a new flywheel, but you will def need a new clutch, a bellhousing, the transmission and possibly a shifter if you dont like the throw on the new transmission.

i spent about $3000 swapping a tremec into my car.