well, my transmission is DONE

so after driving around for about a month and a half with my transmission sounding like a Kenne Bell blower everytime i stepped on the gas, it finally took a shit on the way back from the f-body bbq/p and j dyno thing…luckily, it was less than a mile from my house, so i was able to limp it home on the side streets. i checked the fluid when i got home (just for shits and giggles) and it was very very dark brown color. i knew this was coming, and quite honestly, it doesnt really piss me off…too much. i knew the truck was beat to shit when the motor blew, so i figured after that happened, the transmission would be far behind (because we all kno that Chrysler makes the BEST transmissions EVER /sarcasim).

now, occasioanlly, theres a good side ot every abd story (or something like that) and after doing a lot of searching, forum posting, and e-mailing, i finally found a bplace that builds a ‘built’ 46re tranny that is supposed to be good for up to 400 hp and 550 tq. it comes with a converter, but im prob gonna just get a B&M Holseshot one and that way i’ll be all set and shouldnt have to worry about it again. and the best part is, its somewhat affordable. they want like $1600 shipped, which i dont think it too bad. putting it in myself is gonna be a bitch, but i got all winter to do it i guess.

If you need help installing it let me know. It really is pretty simple in those trucks!

are you going to mod the engine to match the beefier trans?

its gonna be a coupple years down the road, but yes. i dont think im gonna hit much more than mid-high 300s in the HP category, but at least i kno i’ll have something thats ready to take it. right now, everything that i buy or have to replace is getting replaced with stuff thats going to prepare me for whats to come.

and yes! i will take u up on that. i will have a headed garage with a lot of room to work in this winter, so it shouldnt be too bad.

there are SC kits for you truck, you should go that route :slight_smile: everyone likes boost.

:snky: :snky:

and just for the hell of it, i had an extra filter and enough fluid laying around to do a flush/refill, which i did and its fine now. im hoping it will be good enough so i can drive the ~6 mile round trip to school and work at least a coupple days this week. figure if im gonna buy a whole enw tranny anywa, what harm can i do by going to town and absolutely annilaiting (sp?) this one?

Mike (TPGSR) Knows his shit. Id take him up on the offer.