Tranny went boom.

Hey Jeremy, you jinxed me. I took the GN out for one last ride before putting it away, went to Hortons for a quick cup with the wife. Took off from the lite, a little on the heavy side when I heard an ugly sound. The car jumped and rolled to a silent stop.
Said to my wife, not bad for a stock tranny, over 90,000 miles, around 220 track time slips & it finally let go.
I already got the new one built to take lots more HP! Installed a tranny brake, lots of Billet parts$$$, and ,yes, a higher stall 10" PPC converter, up around 3500 - 4000.rpm. (you guys better be right!)
Looking at a new front mount but may stick with a stock location stretch innercooler. A CPT66 ball bearing turbo, (water cooled) and bigger injectors & throttle body. Hoping for mid / upper 10’s next summer.
If you know anyone looking for a good TE49/44 turbo & 42.5lb injectors give my #.
Oh yeah. Now can I put stalllllllin in my sig??

yes you can put stallllllllin in your sig now!!! sucks one last joy ride but at least you have the others ready to go. :tup:

YAY! :loopie: :rofl:

:tup: to a great mentality/outlook about this.

:tup: to bigger and better things.

and :tup: to having this happen at the end of the season, rather than in may/june…when most people seem to have problems and get stuck working on their cars all summer.

stallin added…

who built the tranny?

yah !! cool set up!

Brian Hofer, Lots of Billet parts, brake, etc. All set up for 2100.00.
Was gonna use Janis but I didnt feel like driving 5 hours each way 2 times. Heard a lot of good things about Brian & 200-4r’s. We’ll see!

P.S.
I pulled the old one apart. I found a broken Intermediate shaft! Clutches looked great, bands and drums were fine too! Not bad for a 90,000 mile tranny. I did install an Art Carr shift kit many miles ago though.

where is brian located?, is he local?

yeah mine was shot when janis looked at it, no broken parts but alot of wear, mine was stock with all my upgraded parts, so it took a beating.

Out of Michigan. Really cool guy. He’s on Turbobuick.com as one of the vendors. Came highly recommended. Google his name.

lol… u should drive an fbod (the way your stocking spare tranny/rearend parts) they seem to always have a plethora of spares for when things go bad :lol:

if only the omni guys would take note… zing!

Hee Hee! I’ve got a 10 bolt rear end too! It is a 8.5 though, not a 7.5!

yeah the ones that dont break!!!

right sherm

ohh thats awesome, i was scared u went local to get it done.

i’d rock the broken omni over a running malibu anyday of the week!!! BURN!!

that was quick… im still rocking the 10r… heated grips > joooo suckka…