Tranny shops

Does any one know of any good local transmission shops to rebuilt my tranny with stronger internals?

i would like to make it stronger, but have no idea what kindof options i can go with.

Thanks.

god, and I was about to say that this should be NWS…

competition they build fast cars iam sure lexuses wont be excluded

Ya they did my Clutch in my 1st VR6 jetta (back when I didnt know $h*T about cars.) relitivly inexpensive, altho they really didnt know what they where getting into.(they guy wouldnt stop cursing about the car, it took 2 days longer becouse they had to order the aliment tool. and they had to buy the axel removel tool) they also Alowed me to bring my own parts and still warrentied the work. over all a good experiance.

where is this place?

thought u were just gonna do a supra tranny swap ?

get a glide

North Tonawanda, webster st.

i actually just spent a good 45 minutes talking to the owner of Competition Transmission a coupple weeks ago about getting my transmission dont there. Overall, it seems like they really kno thier stuff and are very confident about thier quality of work. I will be going there for my transmission in the spring.

Agreed they now there stuff when it comes to amarican. And they take there time on stuff there not. over all even with them not knowing a VW at all they did a great job.

just called them up, nice guys. basicly said there is not much i can do with my transmission lol. which sucks.

What do all the people with the rediculously powerful MKIV Supra’s do then…?

well mkiv supras have the getrag 6spd tranny… which i dont have

Will that fit in your car or no?

yes, it does. But there way to expesnive

Considering you’re running a 2JZ and the stock Getrag from the Supra’s can hold 1000hp, I think that would be the wisest (money wise) choice.

I agree </borat>

Are you past the point of your stock transmission already? Unless someone makes an upgraded gearset for your car (I did a quick google search and found nothing but a dog gear set from PPG), your only other choice is stock rebuild with cryo / shot-peening. If it were my car I would take a long hard look at where cutting corners has gotten it thus far, and spend the money once and not worry about the transmission again.

Then I would save your pennies. I would put a softer clutch in so that why you slip the clutch before the tranny. and keep the boost down.

I just found something cool. I imagine its for a T56 :headbang:
Supra GM tranny adapter Supra GM tranny adapter

very intresting… thanks for the link. ill have to look iinto that.