Anyone know of a Good Tranny Rebuilder (Race tranny, BMW, Supra)

Hey guys, well a more or less a freak accident happend with the tranny. I wasent even fuckin around and the tranny shit out on me and these Supra 6spds arent supposed to break.

Anyways, does anyone know of a good BMW, or Race Tranny guy in the area?? The tranny in my car is a Getrag V160 and BMW uses Getrags also, so i figure anyone that can do that can do this.

Im almost positive its a shift fork that would need replaced. So instead of me shipping this tranny half way across the country i would like to do it sorta local so i can have it sooner. thanks guys

Jon

umm gm had getrags too

haha well whoever has em, i just need to find someone good to fix it.

did you call any local tranny shops? pewter and blkp might know of some good tranny shops

DONT GOT TO COTTMAN.

Did you look into a toyota dealer? may be a lil costy, but may be worth it. also, are you sure you can rebuild those? i thought i heard somewhere if you blew those tranny’s you basically had to buy a new one. when my buddy needed one for his 94 supra, he bought a new one

eh, will a T56 fit?

I have a getrag in my Cav…does that mean I’m eliete now or does taht just mean everyone else was cutting costs :kekegay:

anyways I agree with Chad, DON’T GO TO COTTMAN!

Ya just call around… GM, BMW OR SAAB dealers…

cottman SUCKS ASS i wouldnt take a free tranny from them !
i dont know if “ROSSLER” does your tranny but they are one of the best !!!

CNG Performace?

i was just gonna say CNG!!!

Try Gillece, 412-885-1233. They rebuild just about anything.

the wizard…talk to cabby about gettin ahold of him

is there anyone around here that does “race” trannys?

must be nice to be really suprised when your tranny brakes anyway their a a shop out by south park he builds a ton of trannys for dirt track racing he could probley handel yours

you have the name??

unless u are going to replace the whole tranny with a full race unit, then all that is going to go down is swapping shafts, gearsets, syncro’s for bigger and better ones. Shit, I could do that. What kinda parts are you actually going to be changing?

i am going to pull the back case off tomorrow, which should show the problem. Shouldnt be anything major. Alright, whats your number out there, cause if it isnt anything serious, i could bring it out and we can work on it… and figure out a price.

the shop is 724-586-2438. if its not going to be sooner than later let me know, b/c the shop is sold and im starting to move. I have to be out by the end of the month, so if its later, then i can do it after i move into the other shop.

well if its something we can do, it will be sooner as in first of the week.