Tranny shops

From my experience, Competition Transmissions can SUCK IT. I brought the cobra tranny in over the past winter to have a 26 spline input shaft put in and to have it thoroughly looked over since i was having a grinding problem with 2nd gear. Did a good job on the input shaft, but i dont think they ever bothered to look at the 2nd gear issue because they told me it was fine which i reluctantly agreed. So yeah i drove around with almost no second gear this year :bloated:

Mike, next time go here:

Quad 4 Inc. in Lancaster
684-1902

ask for Chuck
He is a very good and fair guy. Does excellent work.
He does manual transmissions (no auto) and rear end gears.

Dos,
Dont waste his time asking him to do research for you.
Tell him what u want done and it will be done well.

I garuntee you spend more getting a trans built, then just buying a Supra 6 speed. There are only two transmissions I consider worth my time on the BMW project, T56 and Supra Getrag. I’m not even considering any BMW transmissions.

:word: thats what im doing. when i have mine done, i am going to do it right so i know its good for the long haul. any part that is even slightly in question, no matter how big or small, is going to be replaced. since i started driving, i have had horrible luck with transmissions, and i want to do this ONCE and have it over with.

Thanks Jack :tup:

Dos, you might as well go with the Getrag and forget it. Your looking at spending some $$ to upgrade your internals. Our SHOs are famous for grenading 3rd gear with high TQ cars. Fortunately someone came up with a custom gear set to handle it. Cost = $5000 just for the gear set. I can’t imagine a getrag would cost you that much.

motherfucking agreed! it took them almost 2 weeks to rebuild the tranny in my jeep because ''we havent gotten the parts yet" then they jacked my cc number and tried to make some purchases on the interwebnet.

Yikes!