performance transmision shop

i’ve been asking around a LOT and the name competition transmission keeps comming up and I have herd nothing but great comments about them. any thoughts?

i need a performance slushbox for my SHO. the FPS unit that was soposed to be completely bad ass is dead and they refused any warranty claim because of what i did with it.

I don’t have a lot of money at this point because I dropped just short of 4K on the FPS unit last june and it is now destroyed. i’m so sick of replacing transmissions every june.

wait, they built you a supposedly bulletproof transmission designed for racing and abuse

you used it as such

it broke

and now they’re refusing to cover it??

whats their issue?

and ive heard nothing but good things from competition

comp trans ftw

yea comp tranny does good work :slight_smile:

vics on south park

Atec on Transit road, tell them you want Mark to rebuild it. Don’t go to Wholesale Transmission on Walden. They will rip you off & don’t know what they are doing.

+1 built my dads camaro tranny as well as his rearend. has about 420 torque going through both and never a single problem.

and had my shift kit and rearend done in my camaro and no problems yet.

comp trans ftmfl. i will never refer anyone to go there.

you can’t post something like that without a supporting story! out with the story.

“FTMLF” i doun’t even know what the fuck that means.

is competition really expensive? i’m going monday after work to have them check it out but i definately can’t afford much at this point.

Yes they are … you also must remember you have a FWD trans … the ones listed above all specialize in chevy trannys …

NOBODY local can build a good working ford OD trans … at least anything that will last more than a week of normal driving

“FTMFL” For The Mother Fucking Loss.

after a recommendation i took my jeep there for a trans rebuild. after taking their sweet ass time taking it apart (about 4 days) it took them 2 weeks (not exaggerating) just to get the parts and an additional 4-5 days to put it back together. i paid with my credit card, and literally not even 2 days after i paid i had a fraudulent charge show up on my credit card for an ~$800 online purchase.

ok i’ll pay cash. how did the trans hold up?

I tried calling you. i pm’ed you my cell.

no complaints thus far

i’m so sick of replacing transmissions every june.

Im sick of breaking…period every June. It is true that its hard to find someone that can build a tough FWD trans. I spent $4000 on mine and one of the parts that ISNT a upgradable part broke (input clutch area). Good new, company is going to cover it. Bad news, I gotta ship it to MI.

As for a recm., I’ve also heard “Atec” is good with FWD transmissions.

ATEC & Competition both do top notch transmission work

Ive had great luck with a local guys, garage built ones in my GTP. I dont know for your setup, whats out there. I sorced all the parts, and upgrades/improvments to be done. And we did the assembly with more of his skills, with setup specs. But for giving you good advise for you and the car…

…move on to a better car, not FWD :wink:

Best advise yet.