Rebuild on a 4L60E

Yeah…uh.

I am looking for a reputable shop that will not break the bank that can rebuild a 4L60E.

No problems driving etc. Just the fluid is purple. And I have not been using Royal Purple.

jannis in ohio.also check out

for excellent prices on internals

ooops! forgot about shawn . he can do a good job also!!!hes in pa kim.

http://www.bulkpart.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MDITP&Category_Code=700R4

let me guess yoru pressure soloniod went? seeems to be a common problem among our trannys

im just waiting for mine to blow up then im getting a street /strip tranny that hopefully wont blow up selenoids

get a 6 speed, the fastest ls1 in the new gm high tech shoot out was a 9 sec 6 speed!

i cant even do a six speed swap it would cost to much for me :frowning:

As of right now I cannot tell what is going on. There is no driveability issues whatsoever. Drives fines, does not slip, shudder, etc. Just purple fluid in color. I know that is not what it is supposed to be… I guess that I am just getting prepared for the worst. Not that I did not really expect it, I just hoped that it would not happen.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll check things out.

Drive it till it breaks then buy a built tranny! Unless you’re on a budget like most of the rest of the world.

someone said something about a tranny shop in clairton… i believe that it was one of the mustang guys from UT. its right on 837 before the unimart and after the turn for 885.

let me know how it goes i may be in for a tranny rebuild soon too :frowning:

I’ll let you know. And thanks everyone for the shops to check into. I’ll be sure to keep you posted on the cost etc. Hell, it breaks on the track, don’t be a stranger. At least help me push it out of the way. LOL