Vegistroke - My truck is running on WVO

shit Jack thats badass :tup: man.

Usually in the S10 but its in stock form. I really wish I had a need for a truck like yours.

nobody ever needs a truck like mine.

+1, it will run on WVO no problem, but long term its horrible for the engine… if you bring it up on tdiclub they wont be very friendly with the topic, from experience obviously…

as far as WVO sources Jack, its going to be hard to find a restaurant that doesnt have a contract with either Darling or Buffalo Bio… I swear a guy comes in from Buffalo Bio at least 2 times a week asking for the oil at my restaurant and he gets the same response every single time… no way! Check out bowling alleys and other establishments that you would think arent as thought of for WVO…

and also, Buffalo Biodiesel is such a scam, $6.00 a gallon locally and you have to buy in BIG bulk… they make it so they can sell it overseas at a ridiculous rate, something like $8-9 per gallon!

LOL they are pushing hard for it huh…

What do you do with your Oil?

I turn it into BioDiesel! :slight_smile:
I have a TDI Jetta

I got some free stuff this week… :slight_smile:

I’m moving on Buff Bio’s territory… I’m local, I do business with these people. They aren’t too happy with the big company, and I’ve seen some of their barrels.

And speaking of Buffalo Bio, I saw their trucks when I was working at WingFest, they literally had them pulled up to the Fryer Tents and were pumping oil all day both days, I heard that they collected a ballpark of 23,000 gallons! INSANE

http://i37.tinypic.com/2jeberb.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/2eq8k1i.jpg

:clap: Awesome! How many gallons do you go through a week?

QFT. I would have had the kit in my Beetle this summer if I could have.

Do the research. There are a number of failures on TDIclub running WVO. The direct injection system finely atomizes the fuel at very high pressures (~21,000 PSI). The problem is that you can’t lower the viscosity of the oil enough to get the fuel through the nozzles well. Over time, the combustion chambers “coke” up, essentialy fill with goop that destroys the engine in 40,000-80,000 miles.

The best passenger cars to do the conversion to are older mercedes diesels. As far as semi-decent performance goes, the OM617 engine makes a decent amount of power, and recieves the SVO well.

Nice project! I really want to do this to a 91-93 Dodge Cummins that is intercooled. It’s a tough truck to find in nice shape.

Its really hard to say, its so various, so I will say 15, thats how big my tank is… I remove about 60-75 gallons of WVO per week depending on how busy and dirty the fryers get, but its awesome, smells much better (fries for sure), engine runs quieter, and MUCH smoother!

woode… if you wanted to get rid of some extra… just give me a call. I’m going to fill up the tank right now… its almost empty, and if it runs out tomorrow to or from work, I’ll be pissed.

First time filling my tank with the new setup.

Spilled it all over the bed. Completely my fault.

If anyone ever had to transfer fluids, the air powered HF pump works pretty well.

HOw long do you think it will take to heat up the oil in the winter to where it is useable?

This is awesome, so lets say you actually get oil for free from local restaurants, all you have to do is filter it and then fill her up? Your only losing 2mpg from using the oil huh?

Very cool. I like your truck a lot. :slight_smile:

Winter time gets difficult… You can heat up the oil but once its sitting outside in the cold again it will gel up. A guy on the forums sent me a document that basically shows different ratios of Diesel #2 to BioDiesel/WVO and what is acceptable at what temperature…

It is almost impossible to run B100/WVO during the winter unless you have an insane setup that heats the tank, lines, etc… If it exists, I want it for the Jetta!

Brother and Father run WVO in winter, its not that bad. I’m sure its not that difficult for the Jetta, you don’t need a kit BTW, you can rig something up yourself.

MY father … actually has like 5 1 liter bottles with Bio mixtures 25% bio, 50% bio, 75% bio… etc etc.

he leaves them out side and looks at them… if its gelled up then he knows how much he has in tank and if he needs to add diesel before his morning coffee, to make it more fluid

As for poopra’s Question. Roughly 5 - 10 miles on diesel before its hot enough to switch over.

A few years ago its that easy when Restaurants would PAY to get rid of their oil. Now its the other way around. For the most part its filter and fill up.

wow awesome.

Yeah I have the document with average mixes at different temperatures, in intervals of 4F… I will definately be mixing, but to do 100% would be nearly impossible unless Global Warming changes things up around here