Buffalo Biodiesel or veggie oil co-op?

Is anyone involved in one or interested in starting one?

I would if the new VWs could use bio but, I heard they can not use it.
I still want to know who the guy is in Springville that has a biodiesel company.

I saw a guy at the store the other day he was wearing a shirt that said buffalo biodiesel and he was driving a buffalo biodiesel truck. I took the number down i have’nt called yet. anybody know anything about this company??

http://buffalobiodiesel.com/index2.htm

I talked to the owner. He wasn’t approved for the permit to blend fuel so he sells feedstock (filtered and dewatered WVO) by the tankerload to Biodiesel companies. That’s just more than I can handle.

I thought the TDI’s could handle bio-diesel after replacing the fuel lines or something similar to that?

http://www.greasecar.com/kit_selected.cfm?selectA=+&selectB=+&selectC=79&AddToCart=Find+Kit+�

^Only to 2003.

previse in my TDI said he always ran Bio… at as far as I can tell its stock… with 240,000 he said if it droped below 40* he had problems…

Ive just run ULSD 40 cetane with 600+ to a tank I dont care about the $40 a tank…

What year?
You definately do not want to go below 40f.

I believe there is a system that requires 20 minutes of driving before AND after running bio.
That system would be useless for short trips.(Obviously)

i know there is someone in springville that takes the oil from kings in a reg pickup truck w/ a pump… well i have seen him doing it while driving buy

i was looking into getting this going just b/c the amt. of amish people around me that dont use there milk holding tanks in the barns they sell them real cheep and i have a barn with nothing in it… but i dont have a diesel car or truck :gotme:

This… I would just buy from Buffalo Biodiesel. They’re doing a great job. I’ve been in contact with them recently for Engineers for a Sustainable World regarding a switch to biodiesel on campus. Very helpful people.

I would! They don’t want to talk to me unless I want a full tanker. If you have a working relationship with Sumit could you talk to him for me? I only want a little grease.

Biodiesel From Recycled Oil
$3.05
$2.75

At 3.59 to 3.75 a gallon in WNY for diesel… I’d so consider this if I still had my diesel

It would save me about $30 per fill up in my old truck

was just going to post something like this…

I’m looking into a processor, and am currently doing research.

I’d love to get 2-3 people on board, and make maybe 100 gallons a week to start.

I’m looking to spend about 2k on the processing materials, and finally have enough saved.

I’m right in Buffalo, and have just enough space for an 80 gallon processor.

the biggest PITA is getting the used WVO from the restaurants as it’s messy and stinky.

I have to talk to a lawyer about the legalities of selling it but for my own personal use, I can make as much as I want.

Percy.

Hm. I’d help if you deal with the legality b.s.

I’m a junior ChemE and I’ve made biodiesel a few times now, albeit on a small scale.

Our relationship, for now at least, involves testing air quality inside buses in order to write a proposal using equipment that one of the guy’s from Buffalo Biodiesel helped develop.

One major hurdle at this point is convincing the school that it’s a worthwhile cause. The other is that we already have NOCO supplying fuel, and there are legalities associated with bringing in another supplier. This has been the work of many students over a few years. It’s going to happen. :slight_smile:

I know JJ looked into buying biodiesel on a smaller scale, but I don’t know what he came up with.

I have a huge shop and run a diesel compressor all day 5+days a week so I would love to get in on this.

I go through about 35 gal a week.

Of course my vehicle is unregistered and I use the Offroad fuel from the rez for $2.97/gal :slight_smile:

Well, I’m buying a processor… I just need to figure out which one to get.

I’d like an 80 gal unit, but maybe I should just get a bigger one, so I will have room for expansion.

redgoober, contact me. I’d like to set up a time to meet and discuss.

Percy.