Where to get BioDiesel?

Anyone know where we can get BioDiesel on the pump? Specifically B2?

john ray in troy…i thinks its 6th st just north of the chevy dealership…gendrons(sp)

the leader of the pack!

Ray coming in for the win

Thanks Ray! I plan to start using that in the Jetta.

Theres a Mobil on Guideboard road in Clifton Park that sells it

Thanks Paul. Gotta figure out which is closer and better prices…

What’s the pro’s/con’s to using this? Im interested and literally have no idea.

smells like french fries i think

Win

no problem broski

Higher lubrication then standard diesel. I’ve been reading of high pressure fuel pump failures on the TDI’s and it’s a $10,000 service job! The HPFP uses the fuel as lubrication and bio has more lubricity. B2 means that it’s 2% bio (soy usually) and 98% normal diesel giving it just a bit more lubrication. Granted I wouldn’t have to pay for this job given the warranty, but I also would prefer this not happen.

I know my brother filled up his truck a few years ago at the CP mobil and really didnt notice any kind of difference in performance or mpg.

Ive heard people with diesels swear by it though.

$10k to replace a fuel pump? Damn.

interesting… so you can just use bio diesel without making any adjustments to the car?

There is really no performance gain with it, just better lubrication and better for the environment (only because less fossil fuels are used).

The whole job is 10k, the pump is like $9xx, but apparently when the pump fails it metal goes through the entire system and fucks everything up.

Yes…or so I read that’s the case. Being that B2 biodiesel is still 98% regular on-road diesel it really is only adding lubricity. VW’s can run up to B5 from what I understand. Some states are now mandating that bio is used, so VW has to comply since it’s a “50 state legal vehicle.”

Pretty cool stuff homie!

fuck that just run heating oil!

Can you run that in a bone stock diesel?

bio is fine. running grease is where you need heaters and filters, etc.
grease requires you start on diesel, then switch to grease.

but rather than run around to get BioD, you can just use an additive with regular ULSD.